Sidewalks of New York - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sidewalks of New York Reviews

October 25, 2015
"It's bad karma kid..." I saw this movie back in 2002, and immediately made itself a favorite. I rented it many times over the years after that. I can't count how many times I have seen it, but it's not because it's a love fairy tale, although there's a somewhat bittersweet ending, but because Ed Burns captured something authentic. It is a super low budget, independent film; written, directed and acted by Burns himself, and shot in 17 days. It came out 2 months after 9/11 and Burns decided to leave the Twin Towers untouched, even as other movies where inexplicably removing them, I guess in order to not bring bad memories to some people.
½ November 1, 2014
Tedious and predictable, with a few good performances sprinkled in.
½ January 6, 2014
I enjoyed the various characters and their different views on relationships. I could almost swear that the character of Griffin is based on someone I know.
November 29, 2013
The film follows the marital and dating lives of three men and three women who unknowingly form a tangled web of relationships and weaves a humorous and biting commentary on the game of love- easy to start, hard to finish.

stars Edward Burns, Rosario Dawson, Dennis Farina, Heather Graham, David Krumholtz, Brittany Murphy, Stanley Tucci, Nadia Dajani and Callie Thorne.

directed by Edward Burns.
½ November 4, 2013
Something I had not revisited since the VHS days, so I was pretty happy to snag a copy on Swap A DVD recently to refresh my memory. I enjoy Edward Burns methods of portraying love in a modern city, though I know a helluva lot of folks wanna nitpick his characterizations, especially those of the characters that he plays himself.

Well worth a look for fans of the ensemble cast.

Rental?
April 24, 2013
pretty dumb and not that interesting movie
January 14, 2013
I love this film, definitely my favourite Ed Burns film. I like the way the six main characters stories merge and the interactions between them.
January 3, 2013
Effective and enjoyable use of faux documentary style.
½ September 18, 2012
Burns doesn't take himself too seriously in this hopelessly romantic NY comedy.
March 23, 2012
when I watched this 10years ago (I am 22years old), it was 4stars. Now, 3stars.
January 24, 2012
Not engaging enough.
December 15, 2011
Very Woody Allenish, but stands on its own feet thanks to great casting and direction.
½ December 15, 2011
Very Woody Allenish, but stands solid on its own feets thanks to great casting and direction.
½ October 13, 2011
It's smooth.Life related scenes and the best of all, it's a New york made movie.I love it.
September 18, 2011
Interesting marriage-drama NYC flick, worth a look
½ August 30, 2011
The film follows the marital and dating lives of three men and three women who unknowingly form a tangled web of relationships. The film weaves a humorous and biting commentary on the game of love- easy to start, hard to finish.

stars Edward Burns, Rosario Dawson, Stanley Tucci, Brittany Murphy, David Krumholtz, Heather Graham, Dennis Farina and Callie Thorne.

directed by Edward Burns.
½ June 17, 2011
This is a story about three couples in New York. Their stories are woven together, as the couples all trade partners. All of the characters are very self-absorbed. There are moments when they speak directly to the camera, which illustrates how we often say things and do something else. I would've liked this film to be a little more "Woody Allen" and less "Sex in the City". Nice to see Brittany Murphy in this role. RIP.
½ May 16, 2011
This movie annoyed the bejesus out of me. Also THE JUMP CUTS! For the love of milk, the jump cuts. They didn't look cool to me. They made the movie look like it was edited by a five year old.
February 13, 2011
I liked it;)..interesting I'll watch it again.
January 6, 2011