The Convent - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Convent Reviews

June 9, 2014
Hilarious, brutal, blasphemous, and insane, The Convey is a horror-comedy that doesn't fall apart on either front like most horror-comedies. A film that will surprise and delight horror fans from beginning to end, The Convent is a truly original and genuinely crazy piece of horror cinema....
October 4, 2013
Extemely gory and hilarious.
½ September 15, 2013
Its low budget, but delivers this sort of a night of the demons and evil dead megamix, highly entertaining with great satirical moments. Its a party movie!
½ July 4, 2013
More fun than a barrel of nuns--Unholy, sacrilegious fun!!
May 15, 2013
Very silly but, fun horror/comedy from Grave Dancers' Mike Mendez.
½ March 7, 2012
Bad, cheesy, campy...I'm sure if Troll 2 found an audience, this will, too.
March 13, 2011
Memorable characters, terribly semi-over-the-top...and Coolio's in it!
November 9, 2010
Great colorful and memorable visuals and NUNSSSS....Chill, relax, and have a great time.
August 11, 2010
this is what all cheesy horror movies should be like. go for broke or don't even try. hilarious
½ August 11, 2010
Now this is a very entertaining supernatural bloody and gory film, that reminded me of "Night of the Demons", but much funnier. I watched it twice, and the filmmakers commentary is a hoot, they had me laughing almost the whole movie. You can't take anything serious as this is a very low-budget demon movie, with rather unusual visual effects. Any movie that opens with Leslie Gore's "You Don't Own Me", gets my attention right away, as I love that song. Basically, a bunch of teenagers go to a convent, that sports an urban legend about a demon spirit living there. It's not a urban legend, it certainly lives there, and takes over about everybody except the main stars of course. And who comes in to fight the demons, none other than Adrienne Barbeau, who kicks ass, and looks amazing at the same time. I met Ms. Barbeau at a horror convention, and she is extremely nice, and absolutely stunning. You don't really need to know much else, the movie is full of extreme bloody gore, but it throws in some very funny scenes to soften it up some. And don't miss that commentary, it's one of the funniest I have ever heard.
½ May 21, 2010
revu ce film, dans le genre tellement poche que c'est bon y a pas mieux. Effets gore cheap, acteurs poches, histoire copier d'autres films, réalisation de fail mais malgré tout, j'aime ce film! C'est tordant tellement c'est con pis c un peu comme un enfant difforme qu'on veux pas montrer aux gens qu'on l'aime mais on l'aime quand même XD. A voir avec de la bière et de la pizza dans une soirée bien arrosée!
½ April 13, 2010
Gothic sacrifice, neon nuns, fucked up cop, evil dog, references to marilyn Manson...
How could I not be in love with this?
April 12, 2010
This can't be serious ?
All in this movie is a big joke... It's like a spoof of horror (zombie movie, slasher) direct in Z serie.
A good hour of "whatsoever", but...that's amuse me.
½ January 8, 2010
the opening scene shows great potential for this film looking like a tarentino picture.....i remember watching this scene as a kid and since then i have wanted to watch see this film. Now i have i gotta say im dissapointed the opening is truley great and sets a mint tone for the film....then it goes down from then on leading to some horrible 90s teen drug/sex/slaughter picture and some of the worse dialogue i have ever heard in a film. the other good thing is it has adrienne barbue in it (who was in the fog, escape from new york and creepshow) and she plays her usual spunky self, the creature effects in this film were good and the use of neon light paint for then was a good change and added style to the film. so all in all the film has good opening tone a good star (two if you count bill moselys cameo) and has good creaure effects, but what lets it down is the piece of camel crap script and story....watch the first scene then turn it off
December 11, 2009
Night of the Demons rip off. So retarded its fun
October 8, 2009
It was basically Night of the Demons all over again, but I thought it was pretty funny.
½ September 30, 2009
Funny low budget horror! Some really good cameo's like Bill Mosely and Adrienne Barbeau. A lot aof blood.
August 30, 2009
Where has this movie been all my life!? Good lord this movie was one of, if not the, best movies of the 2000s!!! If you like Night of the Demons, chances are you will like this! The opening scene alone is enough to get this!
August 1, 2009
Boum. Allez un de plus, dans la categorie "j'en ai deja vu mille"

Le seul truc a sauver dans ce film, ce sont les apparitions teintees d'electro-tech decalees et bizarres des zombies-fantomes.

Sinon, bravo pour les effets speciaux, j'ai rarement vu pire.
½ January 17, 2009
Pretty awful, but look closely, and you'll see some expert editing.