The Convent - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Convent Reviews

November 22, 2008
Greatest horror/comedy of all time! "I...HAVE ARRIVED!" Classic!
½ October 7, 2008
i was sure i was going to enjoy this low budget horror film. it opened up brilliantly and violently to the soft lull of lesley gore's "you don't own me." loved it. unfortunately, the rest of the movie doesn't follow suit. you could tell it was trying to emulate the cheap b-rated horror films of the past, but this only made me want to rip this movie from my dvd player and pop in one of those classics. i did enjoy the few laughs from the yuppie satanists. though coolio's appearance was unremarkable.
½ September 16, 2008
A funhouse ride of a film, complete with day-glo blood and rubber prosthetics. A throwback to the likes of the 'Night of the Demons' series, but executed with hipness and style. I liked this a lot.
September 1, 2008
Pretty great. Cheesy at times, but that's how it goes.
August 20, 2008
All I gotta say is, THE CONVENT 2: THE WRATH OF FRIJOLE! And we need to find a way to bring back Young Christine.
June 24, 2008
This is one of the most terrible, cheesy and exploitative movies I have ever seen. I think I mistook it for something else when I rented it. It's about vampire-zombie things - that I guess are blacklight responsive- who eat people who visit them. And some Slappy the Squirrel-esquewoman who has to rescue a bunch of teenagers from them. It has a real Evil Dead:The Musical feel to it, only a lot less fun. Funny, but you can do better bad movie-wise.
June 16, 2008
So cack it's fantastic!
June 14, 2008
i love this movie, sooo much
June 11, 2008
this film is fab not only dose it have demonic nuns and camp devil worshipers but it has horror movie icon adrian barbeau what more do you need !
May 27, 2008
If you're looking for a big budget, high quality horror film, this ain't it. However, if you're looking for demonic nuns, Coolio at a convenience store, and homoerotic satanists, you've come to the right place!
May 14, 2008
Total throwback to the 80's flick Night of the Demons with some really funny dialogue, kooky characters, and some awesome monsters spewing neon blood. Not to be taken seriously, enjoy this movie for what it is: a campy black comedy with innovative special effects and a cameo from Coolio!
May 13, 2008
one of my favourite movies
½ April 30, 2008
A fun and hilarious little horror film about a group of youths who go into a condemed boarding school to mess around, but wind up encountering all sorts of demonic shit. Some of the highlights include Bill Moseley and Coolio as a couple of hilarious cops, and Adrienne Barbeau as this badass biker chick who saves the day in the end. Great film to watch with friends. Loved it.
½ March 21, 2008
Because I can't grade it any less. Aboslutely horrible. Poorly constructed. Not even funny as a throw-back. Maybe you just need to watch it with someone who has a good wit. Total MST3K fodder.
March 6, 2008
Amazing low budget Horror! Excellent at the begining, boring in the Middle, but absolutely great by the end! Now, its hard to find, but I was able to Order it from F.Y.E. and I'm so glad I did. If you Like trippy horror pictures I'd recomend u do the same.
February 27, 2008
A brilliant sort of terrible. I actually want to buy a copy of this. It made me laugh until my guts hurt.
February 5, 2008
Nothing but trash.. but I love i!!!
February 4, 2008
Funny and smart with a great ending. Seek this one out, it's worth it!
January 27, 2008
Gotta love the demonic nuns
December 16, 2007
Cheaply made, poorly acted, but completely delightful and also rather short. It's like mumble-core, only better. Also, best use of the song "You Don't Own Me," by Lesley Gore, ever.