Rain Reviews

Brill film - def worth watching if you love German Shepherds <3

Brill film - def worth watching if you love German Shepherds <3

• Nicki M Super Reviewer
    Oct 06, 2016

Good NZ coming of age story. A young teenage girl has a complicated relationship with her irresponsible mother and her little brother. Slow moving, but very realistic.

• Jul 27, 2016

This movie is really unsettling and disturbing in a lot of ways. I didn't particularly enjoy it but it stuck with me. Its images of a New Zealand summer are so familiar, and there's a feeling of the plodding inevitable.

• Apr 09, 2012

Rain is a hard movie to rate. I give it 4 stars because it is definitely above average in acting and the subtle details that make the situation real. What occurs in the last 15 minutes or so is predictable, but I still cried a flood. I identified pretty strongly with Janey. We had similar circumstances. She's like the more irresponsible version of myself at that age. The flip side of my coin, if you will. The alternate route. The road not taken. (okay I'm done.. ;p)

• Mar 31, 2012

Very Deep, But the movie cover they have here is wrong

Very Deep, But the movie cover they have here is wrong

• Jan 24, 2012

reading the books that this movie is based off of right now so i cant wait till im done to watch the movie

• May 26, 2010

This is not the movie cover for Rain starring Marton Csokas as Cady, though the right one is on here.

• Dec 04, 2009

Hidden somewhere in the corner of the world is this film. Beautifully done with great actors and cinematography. The storyline was so realistic, bare, and believable. The movie dive into the coming of age aspect without hesitation which is rarely done. It also show how relations to one another, not matter the age, are often more complex then we like to realize. Although it was melancholy and sad at moments it portrayed a authentic take on some people family structure, sexuality, sense of emotions, the understanding compromise, and sacrifice. A great soundtrack was also nicely weaved into the film. While this movie is not for everyone it does show another side, however true, of self-exploration of pubescence.

• Sep 01, 2009

Excellent movie, tough subject matter, not sure I would say I LIKED it but it was damn good

• Aug 30, 2009

A raw and powerful portrait of a family in crisis, with an astonishingly mature performance from the young lead. It's let down a little by a hackneyed sex-equals-death ending that was telegraphed from miles away.