The Smokers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Smokers Reviews

March 22, 2015
I actually like this movie. I love the actresses and I really liked the characters they played. Yes, the film was all over the place, at many times, but it was definitely entertaining.
½ August 20, 2013
I remember that it just didn't cut it.
December 23, 2012
this movie is so good makes me want get up and punch someone lol..
February 10, 2012
i liked this movie, except for the violent rape scene that traumitized me , i dont think that scene was nessesary
October 19, 2010
good actors. might check it out on a rainy day
½ July 6, 2010
It is what it is. It probably captures the mind of the high schooler well, but gives them a little too much credit when it comes to action.
½ December 29, 2009
* (out of four)

A terrible attempt at comedy that grated on my nerves from start to finish.

A group of teen girls who are jealous of those mosre popular and the upset with the boys who wronged them, set out to seek revenge in very naughty ways.

Nothing works here. It doesn't succeed at being any kind of commentary and the script and acting are dismal.
½ November 21, 2009
This movie was terrible. I listened to a movie rental website recommendation and said "Hey, why not?" Now I'm wondering why I was so foolish. Within the first ten minutes of the film I was ready to turn it off and return it, but I wanted to get my money's worth and be able to write such a lovely review. The whole film is filled with terrible acting, terrible outfits, outlandish situations and impossible personalities. The movie follows a group of rebellious teens from well-to-do families. The jest of the film is: The girls are rich and foolish. The girls decide to rebel against the rules. The girls get in trouble with the law. The girls learn their lesson. The end. Of course, in between the gaps of happenings there's sex, drugs and violence. It's a typical terrible High School movie, but even more amateur. I only recommend this to film-watchers that enjoy analyzing terrible movies with bad directing and, once again, acting.
November 20, 2009
So there's these three girls who are all like rebellious and smoke and shit and sleep around and then complain about men and then agree to meet man for sex only to get raped and apart from Thora Birch it's all like really crap and like not worth anyones time like ever.
½ October 26, 2009
I'm giving this 2 1/2 stars. one star for thora birch's short but sweet apperance in it. two stars for dominque swain, and a 1/2 star for busy phillipps whose character i couldn't stand. no stars for the little blonde who cries rape and kills the guy. how pathetic. could she be more brainwashed by busy's character?
July 14, 2009
Hi, It was a okay film to watch despite some of it was kind of corny. I can understand why one girl wanted to turn the tables on men anyway but the other two I didn't understand why they went along with it much. All in all it was a okay movie but I wouldn't watch it again at all one time was enough for me to watch it.
bigdaddydaryl
½ July 14, 2009
What a Stupid movie! I had to turn the channel I couldnt take it anymore.I thought I'd give it a chance.Thats about 50 mins of my life I will never get back.bad acting,bad storyline,bad camera angles just plain garbage.I gave it half a star cause Busy Philipps is in it and shes not a bad actress in some of her movies.This one No good!
½ June 25, 2009
Shallow, brainless, phony(-feminine) & loose.
½ February 25, 2009
Poor. It tries really hard to be the next Heathers and fails miserably.
January 1, 2009
This is a terrible movie, but it was filmed in Kenosha(mainly in the Kemper Center) and it's a little funny! I like watching Thora Birch smoke a huge bong.
shesdownbytheriver
October 17, 2008
No thankyou - Not interested
August 25, 2008
This is a bizarre, yet entertaining look at some really messed up teens. I happen to love Busy Phillips in this, as she is the quintessential "i dont give a fuck" bad girl....
½ August 20, 2008
Chicks holding dudes at gunpoint while they fuck them is awesome! I Like this movie a lot.
August 8, 2008