The Order - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Order Reviews

September 19, 2016
watchable light entertainment
January 13, 2016
Acting and writing lowered the stars but I still enjoyed it
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
This was a quite decent movie for being Van Damme. The movie are mixed with adventure style like "National Treasure" and "The Medallion" and of course fighting scenes along with it. Some comedy scenes aswell or atleast tries to be funny. Overall a watchable B flick.
½ January 1, 2014
Cheesy Indiana Jones like adventure with Van Damme and a unusual cameo by Charlton Heston.
October 16, 2013
Laughable and stupid without good action to justify it, The Order is one of Jean-Claude Van Damme's worst films to have been filmed on a good location.
December 10, 2012
You'll be lost within the first 3 minutes in yet another unwatchable JCVD film that I assumed was an attempt at an Indiana Jones parody - it even comes with its own gag real at the end...a cameo appearance from Charlton Heston instigates an Oscar worthy moment between these two senile stars that's something to behold.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to watching.
September 24, 2012
Terrible movie. I expected more from van damme, even the action and fight scenes were mediocre.
July 19, 2012
As seen on Telefutura's "Cine De Las Estrellas," it was harder for me to take this film seriously learning that Jean-Claude wrote some of the stuff. As the fight scenes intertwined with scenes of awkward dialogue, this is a decent movie to do other stuff at the same time, such as web-surfing, like I did.
½ June 1, 2012
If you're a van damme fan. You will enjoy this movie. Funny and action packed.
½ April 6, 2012
a very enjoyable van damme flick, that has alot more humour than normal, and a nice cameo by charlton heston, i recommend
March 9, 2012
Watching a recording of this I switched it off because of the ridiculous situation Jean gets into taking multiple security guards at one time and not one of them is able to give one punch or kick. Give me break looking at other reviews I'm sure other critics walked out on this film.
½ January 23, 2012
dumb, mindless, but fun fast paced action adventure comedy from Van Damme. i enjoyed every minute of it. some people can just pull off cheesy bad action and Van Damme is one of them
½ December 31, 2011
This was not the greatest script on the planet...It was worth watching for Ben Cross alone. When he plays a bad ass, he plays them right and can make even the oddest, not so great movie shine. I cannot say the same for Van Damme. Yes the fight scenes were well choreographed, but his acting left a lot to be desired.
½ November 8, 2011
Not sure what they were shooting for in this movie, but if you like MST3K, you can practice your movie riffing on this one pretty easily.
November 5, 2011
This was pretty cool, I liked it.
September 7, 2011
If you like The Muscles from Brussels - okay, his movies are in the category of "secret shames" or " guilty pleasures - you'll dig this. The cinematography is fantastic, for one. The cast is surprisingly great! Sofia Milos of CSI: Miami fame; Ben Cross; Charlton-freaking-Heston. It's got some of the comedy elements that imbued "Knock Off" (a surprisingly fun flick) and none of the "I'm trying to find out what happened to my dead twin" that Van Damme seemed to be noted for.
July 16, 2011
Didn't like this film...
June 14, 2011
Much like a Chuck Norris movie, when you watch a Van Damme movie you pretty much know what you are getting: a healthy dose of martial arts action, little plot and mediocre acting. This does not break that mold. Van Damme's acting is worse here than in some of his others - he hams it up big time. The martial arts choreography is decent enough, but the storyline is highly unbelievable. Sofia Milos softens the blows of some of the rough edges. Knowing what you are getting in advance makes it go down easy.
June 3, 2011
The Order sees van Damme a jewel smuggler going to Israel to help his dad who has been kidnapped due to what he knows about 'the order' years gone by. Plenty of fighting and action from Van Damme