Scooby-Doo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scooby-Doo Reviews

July 16, 2016
Captures the spirit of the cartoon, but fails to entertain as much as it should.
July 15, 2016
The film goes to Lillard and Cardellini for their spot-on portrayals as "Shaggy and Velma".
July 7, 2016
Matthew Lillard dominates every scene he's in.. But it's not enough to save this movie from itself
June 19, 2016
Despite one or two decent performances, scooby doo: the movie is a terrible adaptation of the beloved cartoon, filled with lame jokes and mean spirited characters (presumably Fred and Daphne).
½ May 30, 2016
Scooby Doo, Where Are You? I know exactly where he is: burying himself alive so he doesn't have to witness this pathetic film adaptation of the classic show. While all the Mystery Inc crew are brilliantly cast, they can't save this trainwreck of a script that the relies on Scrappy Doo pissing on people and CGI monsters that look like they were made by a four year old.
½ May 29, 2016
Perfectly casted, but other than that I would say it was executed pretty poorly. Still, it's fun if you're in the right mindset!
May 20, 2016
Zoinks!! This movie is great relly evolved!!!!
April 30, 2016
This movie was pretty well cast and all the actors were convincing as their respective characters. However, the CGI looks awful. Even when I saw this as a kid I thought it looked bad, including Scooby-Doo himself. Plus, there were a lot of really immature moments like the fart scene that made me cringe.
½ April 20, 2016
It was pretty good especially the cast
½ April 11, 2016
Woah, this movie aged laughably bad
March 25, 2016
I don't see why people are hating on this movie. I understand if you think it's dumb little jokes here and there but that's why it's a kids movie in general. They throw comedy out there that original Scooby Doo fans would love. They know exactly when to use comedy and intense moments. Also, they do throw adult comedy to with the Mystery Machine and Shaggy throwing smoke in to make you think differently.
March 19, 2016
They picked the wrong kind of guy to voice Scooby, but about half of the rest is still good.
February 22, 2016
a forever guilty pleasure .The story was silly the effects were dated and it doesn't take itself seriously but its meant to do that since its source material is like that .Lillard was born to play shaggy .Sarah made Daphne hot even Linda was hot like what happened .A nice guest appearance by Mr Bean himself and can we all take a moment to appreciate the Go Go boots (TM)?
February 17, 2016
I like Scooby and shaggy because they are funny.
February 16, 2016
won't let me whach tralar
½ February 12, 2016
As silly as it sounds by the end, Scooby Doo is somewhat enjoyable, and it gets better as it goes on. Oh, it's not great, don't get me wrong, it's stupidity at its finest, but the cast clicks very well and the direction the film goes is still entertaining and holds true to the original series.
Based on the hit cartoon series, Scooby Doo puts the Mystery Inc. gang in a theme park popular amongst spring breakers, where the owner believes voodoo is at foul play. The rest of the plot is still kind of a blur and doesn't quite make sense by the end, but hey, I guess don't overthink it - there's still all those simply *hilarious* food jokes in there!
So Scooby Doo's not perfect. The jokes, much like the series, don't particularly work but can amuse kids and fans of the original series. What does work are the performances and the surprisingly good chemistry between the cast, compiled of extremely forgettable late 90s teen icons. The cast holds true to the characters they're playing very well, and, while their actual performances are overdone and outlandish, perhaps that's best noting the cartoon is so crazy and fastpaced. The film does an outstanding job at making the Scooby Doo series into a film that doesn't go overboard that it's a film, it feels like a mixed up episode of the series. Scooby Doo's other big con, though, is that it's aged pretty horribly in every aspect you can think of. The cast, the cameos, even Scooby himself has poorly done CGI, even for 2002 standards. Scooby Doo is undeniably fun, and it pains me a little to say it, but I enjoyed the film. It works, and for that, it's a decent flick.
February 5, 2016
Scooby-Doo has a dumb plot but is wildly entertaining and perfectly casted.
February 5, 2016
Very good replication of the Scooby-Doo cartoons. I thought it was interesting. The table dance was exciting.
February 1, 2016
It's a great adaptation of the cartoon. People (and critics who aren't necessarily the same) seem to think the CGI of Scooby is awful but I find it mirrors the action really well. The little motions and movements of the cartoon are brought to life nicely. The rest of the cast does a good job with their characters as well, giving the cartoon versions more depth.

What I think the problem is, is that people (and again the critics) have a vision of Scooby Doo in their heads. An elevated vision. And thus, when they view this movie, it doesn't match their view and so they rate it as bad or low. Scooby doo was a pretty simple cartoon and very formulaic and the movie follows that nicely.
½ January 19, 2016
people say it is a terrible film but I really enjoy it.