Scooby-Doo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scooby-Doo Reviews

April 30, 2016
This movie was pretty well cast and all the actors were convincing as their respective characters. However, the CGI looks awful. Even when I saw this as a kid I thought it looked bad, including Scooby-Doo himself. Plus, there were a lot of really immature moments like the fart scene that made me cringe.
½ April 20, 2016
It was pretty good especially the cast
½ April 11, 2016
Woah, this movie aged laughably bad
March 25, 2016
I don't see why people are hating on this movie. I understand if you think it's dumb little jokes here and there but that's why it's a kids movie in general. They throw comedy out there that original Scooby Doo fans would love. They know exactly when to use comedy and intense moments. Also, they do throw adult comedy to with the Mystery Machine and Shaggy throwing smoke in to make you think differently.
March 19, 2016
They picked the wrong kind of guy to voice Scooby, but about half of the rest is still good.
February 22, 2016
a forever guilty pleasure .The story was silly the effects were dated and it doesn't take itself seriously but its meant to do that since its source material is like that .Lillard was born to play shaggy .Sarah made Daphne hot even Linda was hot like what happened .A nice guest appearance by Mr Bean himself and can we all take a moment to appreciate the Go Go boots (TM)?
February 17, 2016
I like Scooby and shaggy because they are funny.
February 16, 2016
won't let me whach tralar
½ February 12, 2016
As silly as it sounds by the end, Scooby Doo is somewhat enjoyable, and it gets better as it goes on. Oh, it's not great, don't get me wrong, it's stupidity at its finest, but the cast clicks very well and the direction the film goes is still entertaining and holds true to the original series.
Based on the hit cartoon series, Scooby Doo puts the Mystery Inc. gang in a theme park popular amongst spring breakers, where the owner believes voodoo is at foul play. The rest of the plot is still kind of a blur and doesn't quite make sense by the end, but hey, I guess don't overthink it - there's still all those simply *hilarious* food jokes in there!
So Scooby Doo's not perfect. The jokes, much like the series, don't particularly work but can amuse kids and fans of the original series. What does work are the performances and the surprisingly good chemistry between the cast, compiled of extremely forgettable late 90s teen icons. The cast holds true to the characters they're playing very well, and, while their actual performances are overdone and outlandish, perhaps that's best noting the cartoon is so crazy and fastpaced. The film does an outstanding job at making the Scooby Doo series into a film that doesn't go overboard that it's a film, it feels like a mixed up episode of the series. Scooby Doo's other big con, though, is that it's aged pretty horribly in every aspect you can think of. The cast, the cameos, even Scooby himself has poorly done CGI, even for 2002 standards. Scooby Doo is undeniably fun, and it pains me a little to say it, but I enjoyed the film. It works, and for that, it's a decent flick.
February 5, 2016
Scooby-Doo has a dumb plot but is wildly entertaining and perfectly casted.
February 5, 2016
Very good replication of the Scooby-Doo cartoons. I thought it was interesting. The table dance was exciting.
February 1, 2016
It's a great adaptation of the cartoon. People (and critics who aren't necessarily the same) seem to think the CGI of Scooby is awful but I find it mirrors the action really well. The little motions and movements of the cartoon are brought to life nicely. The rest of the cast does a good job with their characters as well, giving the cartoon versions more depth.

What I think the problem is, is that people (and again the critics) have a vision of Scooby Doo in their heads. An elevated vision. And thus, when they view this movie, it doesn't match their view and so they rate it as bad or low. Scooby doo was a pretty simple cartoon and very formulaic and the movie follows that nicely.
½ January 19, 2016
people say it is a terrible film but I really enjoy it.
January 14, 2016
When I saw the trailer for this as a kid, I was really excited since I love Scooby-Doo like a bunch of other people did in their youth. However when I saw this, it sadly didn't meet my expectations.
½ January 5, 2016
The CGI is horrible and the plot is to non Scooby Doo. The performances are great from everyone except Freddie Prince Jr. Matthew Lillard, Linda Cardellini, and Neil Fanning did great impersonations of the cartoon characters, Sarah Michelle Gellar gave us a new look on the character Daphne which worked. I cover this movie in a wall of nostalgia, but it isn't good.
December 21, 2015
It was a very funny, action packed and entertaining live-action/animated family comedy adventure. It had really great animation, really great cinematography, really great action, great adventure, really good comedy, really great costumes, great music and a very fun story. This is one of the best live-action Hanna-Barbara cartoon movies of 2002. Scooby-Doo fans should have fun with this movie.
½ December 16, 2015
I've always loved the TV series. I get that they wanted to stick to a family-friendly theme, but for long-time fans, that can get a bit tired. The film could've had a darker tone similar to the series. The whole idea of the gang ''splitting up'' was so cliched even in those years, a more original story like how the gang met would've worked better. The actors that were chosen for their respective roles made the cartoon come to life properly, so in other words, they were perfect. Being a car fan, I loved their interpretation of the Mystery Machine, even though it might not be an exact replica of the cartoon version, it is still a pretty badass van, though I keep getting surprised by Pamela Anderson appearing in the film. Scooby stole the show, even though it is his own show. He's funny, adorable and clever. If they decide to produce a sequel to Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, they should make it a darker tone, like the new Power Rangers film is, and bring back the original cast. I loved Simple Plan's cover of the theme-song, I just wish it could be slightly longer, maybe they could've added more verses to the original theme. If they produce a new sequel, with today's special-effects, a darker tone and big budget productions, the film will be a massive hit.
½ December 9, 2015
"Scooby-Doo has a predictable plot and some predictable characters but if you're a fan of the franchise then you'll watch this movie for nostalgic reasons and overlook some of the flaws.
December 6, 2015
I loved all of the scooby doo movies, and think each brought different dimensions to the characters.
½ November 29, 2015
A fun and silly little romp into the goofy and ridiculous that is equal parts unbearably absurd and charmingly nostalgic.

I first saw this movie in theaters at the age of six, and I