Scooby-Doo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scooby-Doo Reviews

January 14, 2016
When I saw the trailer for this as a kid, I was really excited since I love Scooby-Doo like a bunch of other people did in their youth. However when I saw this, it sadly didn't meet my expectations.
½ January 5, 2016
The CGI is horrible and the plot is to non Scooby Doo. The performances are great from everyone except Freddie Prince Jr. Matthew Lillard, Linda Cardellini, and Neil Fanning did great impersonations of the cartoon characters, Sarah Michelle Gellar gave us a new look on the character Daphne which worked. I cover this movie in a wall of nostalgia, but it isn't good.
December 21, 2015
It was a very funny, action packed and entertaining live-action/animated family comedy adventure. It had really great animation, really great cinematography, really great action, great adventure, really good comedy, really great costumes, great music and a very fun story. This is one of the best live-action Hanna-Barbara cartoon movies of 2002. Scooby-Doo fans should have fun with this movie.
½ December 16, 2015
I've always loved the TV series. I get that they wanted to stick to a family-friendly theme, but for long-time fans, that can get a bit tired. The film could've had a darker tone similar to the series. The whole idea of the gang ''splitting up'' was so cliched even in those years, a more original story like how the gang met would've worked better. The actors that were chosen for their respective roles made the cartoon come to life properly, so in other words, they were perfect. Being a car fan, I loved their interpretation of the Mystery Machine, even though it might not be an exact replica of the cartoon version, it is still a pretty badass van, though I keep getting surprised by Pamela Anderson appearing in the film. Scooby stole the show, even though it is his own show. He's funny, adorable and clever. If they decide to produce a sequel to Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, they should make it a darker tone, like the new Power Rangers film is, and bring back the original cast. I loved Simple Plan's cover of the theme-song, I just wish it could be slightly longer, maybe they could've added more verses to the original theme. If they produce a new sequel, with today's special-effects, a darker tone and big budget productions, the film will be a massive hit.
½ December 9, 2015
"Scooby-Doo has a predictable plot and some predictable characters but if you're a fan of the franchise then you'll watch this movie for nostalgic reasons and overlook some of the flaws.
December 6, 2015
I loved all of the scooby doo movies, and think each brought different dimensions to the characters.
½ November 29, 2015
A fun and silly little romp into the goofy and ridiculous that is equal parts unbearably absurd and charmingly nostalgic.

I first saw this movie in theaters at the age of six, and I
November 4, 2015
I love this movie, but it isn't good.
½ October 24, 2015
Some or somewhat most of the energy was faithfully captured followed by some actual comics to make this watchable, it's a disgrace to the original's heart when it's at some levels a satirical parody. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
October 23, 2015
The TV serious was so much better.
½ October 16, 2015
Very Faithful To The Source Material And Gives Service To The Fans In A Nice Way
½ October 15, 2015
I'm not too sure who this film is made for. You'd think it was made for kids due to a property like 'Scooby Doo', but then why all the sexual innuendos? Then maybe this film is for teenagers at that time period who grew up with the cartoon. Then how come all the pandering to kids with the slapstick and gross-out fart jokes and such. Well, whatever this film is, it had me laughing out loud. Yes, I recognize that it is and will become even more dated (although I love this time period for music). Yes, I realize that the CGI is pretty brutal and yes I realize that Velma is annoying, but I was just having lots of fun watching this movie. Shaggy is a funny dude, my celebrity crush is in this movie (Isla Fisher. Always a plus when she's in a movie) and Scooby is so funny and adorable. I should point out that I did not see this film when it came out, I actually saw the sequel and grew up with that film. I should also point out that Shaggy and Scooby are both big stoners. Never saw it as a kid, but when two people act like that and their characters are introduced in a parked van with smoke steaming out of it... Yeah they're high dude, they're high. So in conclusion, I would say this is a good kids film to watch around Halloween because of the ghost aspects
October 13, 2015
Nostalgia aside, Scooby-Doo is not great but it's easy to have with if you lower your standards.
½ October 5, 2015
While it does feature some great performances (Mathew Lillard and Sarah Michelle Gellar are excellent as Shaggy and Daphne), Scooby foo fails to bring life into the tepid plot and respect the immortal series that it's based on
½ October 1, 2015
One of those childhood killers. Nothing more, nothing less. Seriously? Did anyone read the f****** script? Such awfulness .
September 20, 2015
I'm a little more forgiving of this movie; not out of a sense of nostalgia but because it's a literal Russian nesting doll of self-aware silliness.
September 12, 2015
I do not understand the hate for this movie in the slightest. This was one of my favourite films growing up and even now I can't see any issues with it.
½ September 12, 2015
Sorry, This movie was terrible and The Story did not make sense. The only thing that this movie was about was Bad Guys, That is it! At least make Funny Jokes and Different Story's Like Go to Universal or Disney Something...
½ September 11, 2015
When this movie came out, I was obsessed. My friend and I watched it every day. Unfortunately, it didn't age well. I can see my kids enjoying it, but my time with this movie has past.
½ August 30, 2015
Brainwashing cults want to steal your spiritual essence & injest its power for the cults own purposes possessing your personality with with the demons of its own contrivance to achieve world domination.