Deceived - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deceived Reviews

August 15, 2016
Deceived is right! Not science fiction. Religious fiction! Acting forced and wooden.
½ June 25, 2011
An absolutely awful propaganda piece intended to demonize the SETI@home program by saying that the signal could most-likely come from hell and not outer space! Lame premise.
June 20, 2011
I was excited to watch the newest release from the fastest growing Christian production company, Cloud Ten Pictures. Having already set the standard in Christian films with hit's like Revelation, Tribulation, Judgment, and Left Behind, I prepared myself for another surprise hit. I was not disappointed as this intriguing supernatural tale of good vs. evil unfolded like a Steven King classic.

Paul Lalonde and John Patus wrote a brilliant screenplay that clearly unmasks the enemy that surrounds those who are searching for eternal answers in modern day science.

This story is played out by a superb cast who add depth and life to their characters. The characters are one of the most important elements to the success of this film. Unlike most science fiction films that depend on special effects and blown up budgets, Decieved succeeds with strong character interaction and transformations that make up the mystery and suspense. This is a character-driven story that relies more on the talents of its players than it's budget.

Judd Nelson (The Breakfast Club, St.Elmo's Fire) plays Jack Jones, a tech expert who is called upon to assist in sharing the un-identified signal with the world. Jack is faced with his greatest challenge in piecing together the mystery surrounding the signal and it's strange effects on everyone who listens to it.

Academy Award winner Louis Gossett Jr. (An Officer and a Gentleman) masters the role of Colonel David Garrett, the man behind the top-secret government project who discovers more than he bargained for after becoming trapped with the crazed team.

It's refreshing to see Christian projects being produced that aren't ashamed to proclaim the gospel. Deceived not only entertains with mystery and suspense, but it presents the clear gospel message of hope and salvation without being too preachy. Cloud Ten continues to step forward with each project that pushes the limits and sets new standards. Intriguing, suspenseful, and entertaining, Deceived is fun!
September 7, 2009
Excellent movie, very exciting, Cloud 10 gets the best actors, I give it a two thumbs up!
May 24, 2008
Deceived. Starring Lou Gosset Jr. About an Observatory receiving a signal from space. A pretty good thriller, but the religion makes the movie silly.
April 4, 2008
So bad, so terribly bad...
November 13, 2007
The cover looks different from the one I have.
October 27, 2007
The alien kids legs were a good effect.
½ August 11, 2007
Definitely better than any of the "Left Behind" films.
June 16, 2007
I loved this movie, and didn't think I would
June 3, 2007
One of the better-made pioneer Christian films. Actually pretty scary at some parts. Anyone who is overly critical won't see this film as anything special, but it suits my taste okay. The music is excellent, and you won't forget it.
February 7, 2007
A signal from beyond that an enemyis within. One with a dark secret
September 17, 2006
At first, it's hard to keep up with, but after you watch it a couple times, it starts to get easier to understand!
July 2, 2006
Loook's like a good Christian movie! I wanna see it.....