Perfume - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Perfume Reviews

½ February 1, 2013
This was not an enjoyable movie.
September 26, 2010
Aside from the fact it has some famous names in it, I cannot think of any reason to mention seeing this film. It wasn't particularly interesting and perhaps the "best scene" appeared in the first few minutes then apparently reappeared at least one or more times later on. About the shenanigans of the modeling and fashion industry...can you read my mind and see how dull it was? A film that probably should never have been made, never mind released.
February 24, 2010
You want the "Perfume" film that is of alost time and of a mute man who creates themost adoring perfume from the scent of women that he see and meets... The music is Breath Taking....
December 24, 2009
Never saw the movie - but Estella is a total babe!!!!
December 22, 2009
ni de perfume da ik bedoel!! :p
November 9, 2009
** (out of four)

Interesting idea, but turns out to be more of a bore than an coherent story.

A huge cast gather together for a movie that doesn't have a script. Instead all the actors ad libbed the entire film. The plot centers around the fashion industry in New York. Unfortunately, the actors can't make it interesting enough.
September 20, 2009
i dont like this movie i say perfume but the other perfume no this one
August 28, 2009
the photos are of the real one....weird...
July 27, 2009
no!not this perfume!!!
July 27, 2009
This is NOT the Perfume I was talking about!
May 22, 2009
This is NOT the Perfume I like but for some reason I can't remove it from this site. *!
May 13, 2009
Love the last scene, when the guy reveals all the amazing scents he had created, and people become mad.. God...what a scene that was...
April 27, 2009
this is not what i was talking about! It wont go away :s
April 15, 2009
Wrong Perfume. I meant the one about the French serial killer. x]
April 14, 2009
Wrong one here too. Give me the boy with the one in a billion nose.
April 13, 2009
Don't know where this came from and I can't delete it! It's the other one - at the top of my list which is brilliant, moving, sad, weird, atmospheric and fantastic.
April 3, 2009
yes wrong perfume, the one set in france with all the murders......... and dustin hoffman............trying to recreate the scent of a woman by murdering loads of others.............whacko but great
March 9, 2009
You look at this all star cast - Rita Wilson, Jeff Goldblum, Peter Gallagher, Paul Sorvino, Michelle Williams, Leslie Mann, Omar Epps, Mariel Hemingway, Mariska Hargitay, Estella Warren, and others - You immediately think stellar, right? Don't, you would be sadly mistaken. Sometimes bright stars don't equal blockbusters but bright shining pieces of film crap. Perfume would be one of those.
Sad and horribly frustrating about this film, was it could have been great.
Most of it I have found out was unscripted, which could have been brilliant. Unfortunately, the sound mixing was dreadful. The music was too loud and drowned out most of the dialogue half the time. The other half of the time, six people were talking at once and you couldn't understand what one of them was saying, let alone all six.
This movie split off in too many directions. I am all for multiple characters and story lines. But, You have to develop the characters and make them rich, and the stories actually have to be going some where. In this film, you have 20 undeveloped characters, wandering about aimlessly.
The ending is nothing short of a cop out if you ask me. It's like they were all scratching their heads saying " Well boys we have pissed away an hour and 44 minutes of these people's lives on this useless, aimless crap. We have no time to really give any of these stories an ending, so lets just call it quits." Absolutely the worst ending to a movie that I have ever seen. Seriously. A note to Hunter Carson and Michael Rymer - The next time you get high and think about directing a movie, just say no.
Perfume was an absolute waste of time. It gets one star because of the all star cast, and once in awhile you could see some of them trying to polish this turd.
March 9, 2009
isn't the true Movie, Wrong "Perfume"
March 3, 2009
Wrong 'Perfume' -- the one I meant was a serial killer in pre-revolutionary France with overdeveloped olfactory senses who's trying to develop the perfect scent using the essence of his female victims...