Reviews

• May 25, 2021

Not one of the better movies about horse racing but it could have been worse, at least it was lite and easy to follow.

• Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Jun 18, 2020

Did this GoodFellas ripoff front cover just trick me into watching a Horse Girl film?

• Dec 18, 2019

It will work for those who want simple thrills and not much more

It will work for those who want simple thrills and not much more

• Feb 02, 2015

I watched it for the racing scenes, and even they weren't worth it.

I watched it for the racing scenes, and even they weren't worth it.

• Doctor S Super Reviewer
    Aug 18, 2012

Surprisingly entertaining racehorse 'n' lowlifes yarn, deftly balancing comedy & drama better than most. Kiefer Sutherland gives one of his best performances as a cop forced into early retirement due to a bad heart and talked into a dodgy partnership with his good-natured but shady half-brother Anthony LaPaglia. This mismatched pair is great fun to watch as Kiefer blows a gasket with each step LaPaglia leads him deeper into the mire. Lothare Bluteau is great as their jockey with a dangerous gambling addiction, and his suspicious daughter draws several laughs too. And on top of all that, there's impeccable Radha Mitchell as Kiefer's separated wife who wish as she might can't seem to start anew. The climax falls into the conventional sports-movie "big game" category, and the final conflicts & resolutions aren't executed to full satisfaction, but on the whole this "ride" wins money at long odds on a bet to place.

• Oct 22, 2010

Watchable Drama Starring Kiefer Sutherland, Made Just After His Big Comeback In 2001. With Some Great Performances From Sutherland & Mitchell, Unfortunately This Drama Wasn't My Sort Of Movie

• Jul 05, 2010

Another one of those movies with a main character (The Kiefer Sutherland part) that you don?t care about at all. It takes the wind out of the films sails. The Anthony LaPaglia character is much more interesting, but for the most part, the movie is just boring. It?s not a complete loss, but it just never satisfied me in the end.

• Jul 05, 2010

45/100. Another one of those movies with a main character (The Kiefer Sutherland part) that you don't care about at all. It takes the wind out of the films sails. The Anthony LaPaglia character is much more interesting, but for the most part, the movie is just boring. It's not a complete loss, but it just never satisfied me in the end.

• May 09, 2010

So many holes in the plot, watchable but don't expect much.

So many holes in the plot, watchable but don't expect much.

• Nov 24, 2009

An excellent team - Kiefer Sutherland and Anthony LaPaglia and a horse. Very funny and entertaining.