Miranda - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Miranda Reviews

August 29, 2014
Really weird but good
January 9, 2014
Toothless and dull romance that runs out of ideas very quickly.
September 5, 2013
With so many good actors in this I was expecting more, still watchable but forgettable. Ricci looks far too young to be playing this role too.
April 12, 2013
Christina Ricci is awesome in this role, however I thought the script should have been a bit more complex. They create this fascinating character in Miranda and too easily explain her away with a pat, disappointing "All she needs is love" ending.
½ August 15, 2012
light kink, light noir, light romance, slightly strange. It's not as bad as they say. Watch if you're a Ricci fan.
½ February 7, 2012
film Noir meets romantic thriller without a few essentials and a delightful britsh flavor.
½ April 17, 2011
This is one movie that leaves you feeling absolutely nothing. Most movies will end and a person can be happy with the way things ended or confused or angry, but this one just leaves nothing. I never was able to connect with any of the characters and it makes it very hard to care what happens to them. With a weak plot with so-so performances from the cast it fell flat.
January 22, 2011
started off fabulous with much potential but turned out to be quite a letdown. Almost like a hybrid of two halves of completely different genres aimed at two completely different types of audience which should have been separated to avoid an overkill which it ultimately was. I remain a hardcore Ricci fan, though. Kyle MacLachlan is a most convincing creep, but isn't he always?
½ December 20, 2010
Nothing new. Good for fans of C.R.
½ August 29, 2010
tedious with a capital T.
45 minutes into the dvd and i decided enough was enough.
½ February 21, 2010
I've watched this movie for actors. And they did their job, but the writer apparently did not. There is some vague intrigue here but it is not really explained, so the viewer doesn't care. The movie could end at any point and the ending wouldn't be any worse than the actual one. If you're a big fan of John Simm or Christina Ricci or John Hurt or Kyle MacLachlan then go on. Otherwise - forget it!
June 4, 2009
A film noir wannabe but ended up so offbeat & turning off.
½ May 27, 2009
Ok so I'm going to continue my Christina Ricci movie fest. Wish me luck and hope this is a good one!
April 12, 2009
Although Ricci grabs the viewers attention, the rest of the cast fail to live up to expectations.
April 10, 2009
Love and intrigue at the library... all in a day's work.
"If I don't call, you'll know it's me"
March 14, 2009
Really weird and dull.
February 23, 2009
Great stuff - not what I expected at all. Even lonely lowly librarians can lead a life of danger and intrugue as well!
½ February 21, 2009
Different. Undertones of Twin Peaks.
½ February 20, 2009
Quirky, amusing and quite sweet film with one hell of a cast. Ultimately a little lightweight but worth a watch... even if only for the breadboard line...
February 5, 2009
Been wantin to see this for awhile as Im a John Simm fan cool movie, not brilliant but the actors make up for the story!