Miranda Reviews

Really weird but good

Really weird but good

• Marcus W Super Reviewer
    Jan 09, 2014

Toothless and dull romance that runs out of ideas very quickly.

Toothless and dull romance that runs out of ideas very quickly.

• Sep 05, 2013

With so many good actors in this I was expecting more, still watchable but forgettable. Ricci looks far too young to be playing this role too.

• Apr 12, 2013

Christina Ricci is awesome in this role, however I thought the script should have been a bit more complex. They create this fascinating character in Miranda and too easily explain her away with a pat, disappointing "All she needs is love" ending.

• Aug 15, 2012

light kink, light noir, light romance, slightly strange. It's not as bad as they say. Watch if you're a Ricci fan.

• Feb 07, 2012

film Noir meets romantic thriller without a few essentials and a delightful britsh flavor.

• Apr 17, 2011

This is one movie that leaves you feeling absolutely nothing. Most movies will end and a person can be happy with the way things ended or confused or angry, but this one just leaves nothing. I never was able to connect with any of the characters and it makes it very hard to care what happens to them. With a weak plot with so-so performances from the cast it fell flat.

• Jan 22, 2011

started off fabulous with much potential but turned out to be quite a letdown. Almost like a hybrid of two halves of completely different genres aimed at two completely different types of audience which should have been separated to avoid an overkill which it ultimately was. I remain a hardcore Ricci fan, though. Kyle MacLachlan is a most convincing creep, but isn't he always?

• Aug 29, 2010

tedious with a capital T. 45 minutes into the dvd and i decided enough was enough.

• Feb 21, 2010

I've watched this movie for actors. And they did their job, but the writer apparently did not. There is some vague intrigue here but it is not really explained, so the viewer doesn't care. The movie could end at any point and the ending wouldn't be any worse than the actual one. If you're a big fan of John Simm or Christina Ricci or John Hurt or Kyle MacLachlan then go on. Otherwise - forget it!