They - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

They Reviews

½ June 28, 2016
weird and boring movie
½ March 15, 2016
I just realized that when I watched They, it has the same premise as Darkness Falls, which I despised anyway. While this is a better movie than Darkness Falls, it's a very mediocre movie that could've been better. The acting is all right, but there are moments where there were dull acting in it. The scares are not effective except for one scene almost at the end which was effective, out of nowhere which I was done with, and really sad that it took the movie that long to finally get me with a scare. The characters are forgettable, but I'm glad that they weren't mean-spirited like the characters from Darkness Falls. The creatures look a bit creepy, but they were a bit too CGI for me to believe that it was there. The plot was eh, but it did leave some questions that weren't answered. The script's not the worst I've seen, which actually, it's better than Darkness Falls, but it's not that great either and has some silly lines in there. It has some good thrills in there, and it does have a better use of light for the creatures than Darkness Falls, even if it felt convenient at times. With an ending that was not good, it made They more of a disappointment that is just forgettable at best.
September 28, 2015
Mediocre. The film fails to mention why "they" went away in the first place and what triggered their reappearance. Plus, the main character Julia's scream gets quite obnoxious halfway through.
½ July 8, 2015
Virtually nothing of consequence really happens in this film. It's not easy making a film where nothing happens, but apparently the makers of They discovered the secret.
½ June 18, 2015
Lame scares and boring to boot.
December 7, 2014
Just like Wes Craven's Cursed, this movie doesn't know how to use it's FX/scares to make a coherent or scary movie, resulting in a film . 'They' isn't a horrible movie, but it's a little under the paranormal movie average. 44/100
September 12, 2014
This movie was really great until rather than ending, it just kind of stopped... Did yall see something shiny and forget to make the rest of your movie or what?
½ September 9, 2014
Pretty good movie. The film's premise is fairly interesting, the film itself probably should've been a little creepier, but it was still intriguing and somewhat creepy, with a good performance from Regan.
May 4, 2014
Excellent, probably the most frightening movie i know, despite its glaring shortcomings
March 8, 2014
Constantly creepy and suspenseful, this well-acted movie is like an unnerving nightmare brought to life.
January 2, 2014
An OK fear-the-dark premise that goes absolutely nowhere. If you watch the DVD, stop 3 minutes before it's over and view the alternate ending -- that's the one they should have gone with. And it's definitely the only one that makes some kind of sense.
October 23, 2013
The ending of this movie still haunts me to this very day. Very scary.
½ August 11, 2013
i don't really think it's a bad movie; but i do think they are bad actors.
August 7, 2013
Some creepiness that kept me going to the end, but ultimately fell short
½ August 5, 2013
Was not too bad. Was different but seemed too much like another movie I'd seen. Almost as if they were based on the same thing but with different endings. It's up to you to watch it and decide for yourself.
August 1, 2013
Cool supernatural thriller about beings from the Other Side trying to Claim people
½ July 6, 2013
A reasonably entertaining little supernatural horror film, They is a thriller that you will not remember long after the credits roll--as attested by the fact that I saw it in the theater and only remembered it after rewatching it on Netflix Instant. Still, it is well-made enough to keep you interested for 90 minutes without ever being truly original or deeply scary.
July 6, 2013
Sounds vaugley interesting
½ June 15, 2013
Feels rather generic, while taking baby steps but never fully getting out to where it should be. The characters aren't really interesting and the plot isn't too great of a concept. The pacing seems a bit dull let the films ends abruptly. Relies on quick jump scares that can be more laughable if anything. All in all, a failure at what it tries to do, but still some things worth watching.
½ May 25, 2013
Better acting might and save this movie but really the script is just flawed in so many different ways. Save yourself time and pick something else to watch.