Das Experiment (The Experiment) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Das Experiment (The Experiment) Reviews

½ June 8, 2016
Hitaan alun jälkeen ote tiukkenee loppua kohden.
½ April 8, 2016
Out of the fucking box, madness in its uncontrolled wilderness. Watching this makes me wanna tear faces apart.
November 10, 2015
daj mu na covek mokj, i ke vidis sto gomno e...
June 4, 2015
Dan sure would not want to be one of these prisoners....the horror builds as the abuse mounts to an inevitable end.Just sucks you in and never lets you go thriller.
March 30, 2015
Einfach Wunderbar, anspannend, verrückt !
January 21, 2015
im pretty sure we watched this in my psychology class and it was good but messed up. and i cant remember everything. i wanna see it again...
½ January 8, 2015
Brilliant. I watched this as part of my Psychology research and it was an interesting experiment carried out to see how people would react in a simulated prison. The consequences turned out quite gruesome and horrific. Very good film even though it was in German
September 25, 2014
I never get pleasure from violence in films, but I found the whole concept very intriguing. I've never seen anything like it before.
½ September 16, 2014
Test subjects wanted. Earn 4000 marks for a 14-day experiment in a simulated prison... Nothing is the game--A lesson for all humans... An escalating claustrophobic nightmare....!! )
July 23, 2014
Very well done, if over the top, film based on the Stanford prison experiment, but taking it very much further. Very hard to watch, but fascinating none the less, and it explains how the Nazi SS guards in the concentration camps rationalized their actions to themselves. The next even further taking this idea is The Killing Room.
March 27, 2014
Not bad as a movie, although it is clearly far away from the the real facts that happened in the real experiment developed by Zimbardo et al.
½ February 6, 2014
This film was intense. It was based off the Stanford Prison Experiment, though a slightly inaccurate presentation of it. Great performance by everyone in the cast. But I'm not a big fan of the story, since it seemed a bit melodramatic; the phrase "that escalated quickly" really describes this film.
½ September 3, 2013
Well paced, well acted and thought-provoking thriller.
½ July 31, 2013
The Germans did it again. After Die Welle, they used another social experiment for a film, specifically the Stanford Experiment. You can't help but be curious about these films as they are based on real life situations but processed with cinematic alterations. Das Experiment will surely take you for a ride. I know it's an experiment gone wrong, but the scenes are still surprising. You can never really understand the psyche of the human mind, especially filled with anger and desperation. Anything can happen! And it was crazy!
July 26, 2013
the romance subplot wasn't well established in large part cause the women seemed unable to act. A flaw in an otherwise exciting film.
½ July 21, 2013
Its all about humanity .circumstance brings character,i could be angel or i could be the most evil.
April 19, 2013
hanya sebuah simulasi, tak lebih.
½ April 7, 2013
That was an amazing film, exciting and so gross at times that I had to close my eyes. What position can do to an ordinary person when put into different circumstances. How power can get into your head. How you'll act when in extreme circumstances.
April 2, 2013
A dark Hirschbiegel film,presenting the (Kubrick-Shining)"cabin fever".Great pulse and performances,and interesting psychological references.
February 10, 2013
WOW! This is a must-see psychological thriller! It is a sinister testimony to the fact that corruption is the only byproduct of absolute power.