Fidel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fidel Reviews

July 22, 2014
Something things I didn't know about.
May 7, 2013
This film does a good job of explaining Castro both in the 1950s before, and during, the revolution. The best part is showing Castro's narcissism, and ego. Any attack on the revolution is a personal attack on him, and vice versa. This is definitely an anti-Castro film by the end. United States biased view, I am sure. Still, a very interesting, and well done effort. Any film that sparks my interests, and prompts me to research for more information, is a good deed in my book.
April 6, 2013
One of best Cuban revolution movies ever made. Very balanced and I think its most interesting commentary is the betrayal of the revolution by Fidel and his people such as Che Guevara. This counter-revolution seems to always come after the revolution initially wins.
February 17, 2012
A fascinating look into the longest living socialist revolutionary of our time.
½ February 10, 2012
Great movie. It tells many facts about Castro's life including some romances, family, his time out of Cuba, and of course the revolution. Great acting by all the cast. The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that after the revolution, the American movie showed somethings of what the Americans think about him and his government there and not really true facts.
½ July 1, 2009
Fantastic film about the life of Fidel Castro. Very informative and accurate. The casting of the film was well done, but the editing was sometimes strange and of lower quality. The choice of language seemed arbitrary at times. The focus was on the first part of Fidel's revolution and glossed over more recent events such as the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban Missile Crisis, but the essence of those events still came across.
February 25, 2009
Pieni budjetti näkyy liian selvästi elokuvan puitteissa, Fidelin näyttelijä vaikuttaa aluksi sopivan tulisieluiselta rooliin, mutta on loppupeleissä liian laimea. Gael Garcia Bernal Che:na on oudon poissaoleva roolissaan ja liian heiveröinen. Muutenkin elokuvan kerronta loikkii liiaksi. Ja elokuvassa puhutaan murtaen englantia, eikä espanjaa!
February 22, 2009
Not the best film about the Cuban leader. The main language is English (???) and some Spanish is senseless mixed time to time. Although the film has a quite neutral political position, Fidel's character is shown very weak. I rather recommend the documentary "Fidel: El comandante" if you want a good biography of the leader.
½ February 22, 2009
covers too much time in too little time... pretty even-handed in its portrayal of Castro
January 27, 2009
the first part was heavy not so sure bout part 2 abit anti cuba for me
½ January 2, 2009
Una buena peli mas all de si creemos o no en esa "revolucin" la fotografa es maravillosa absurdamende clida de una manera genial
November 21, 2008
The Perfect movie about Fidel Castro, shows how he and Che Guevara Took control over cuba. the actors did a great work. they almost look like the real persons.
½ November 11, 2008
I like the movie,but I think it should be on Spanish instead of English
½ July 13, 2008
A key to know who is Fidel~
½ April 20, 2008
Why oh why did they film this in English? The bit at the end where the Fidel character clocks the camera and goes into monologue (in English) was a bit cringe-worthy (I think there were better, more effective ways to get those points made). Still, overall a good flick because it does its best at giving an unbiased view of what happened (something history books (wherever you're from) rarely do).
½ March 30, 2008
I don't care what anyone says; Castro's all right! It could have used a bit more Che.
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
February 19, 2008
dying to see this...
February 18, 2008
Con el puño alzado, una gorra verde y un puro, Fidel Castro es el verdadero icono de una figura rebelde y controvertida que se hizo con el poder en Cuba. Es la historia de su vida, sus pasiones, su política. Margarita Rosa hace una buena actuacion en un papel corto.
½ February 15, 2008
Very Educational. Shows what power can do to someone who starts out with good intentions.