Hansel & Gretel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hansel & Gretel Reviews

October 26, 2015
this is a great movie
½ February 1, 2014
When I was kid, I loved the story of "Hansel & Gretel". This movie, however, by far, does not re-create that same spooky, yet fun, adventure. I don't even want to go into how poor the script and dialogues are.
July 31, 2013
It was a piece of magical work for young children to enjoy, older viewers may find it a bit boring. The detail in each characters personality was amazing .
½ April 1, 2013
Turned off after 10 mins. Very poor :(
October 6, 2012
This movie was funny when I was a kid, I haven't watched it again yet, so I'm not going to watch it again.
April 15, 2012
this was in ok movie
½ December 18, 2011
I was young when i saw this, but even then it was dumb.
½ October 8, 2011
I wanted to strangle Howie Mandel during this! Watched it on Starz with my kid. Complete garbage. The sandman character ruins the whole thing.
½ August 25, 2011
Real Life Husband & Wife Gerald McRaney & Delta Burke a young Taylor Momsen,Howie Mandel, & Lynne Redgrave are enough to memit me watching this Beloved but Feared Story from my Childhood.I enjoyed seeing it on screen instead of just from a book.Delta Burke was a little TOO Good as the Evil Step Mother.Lynn Redgrave is wonderful casting as the Witch.I'm surprised this didn't do well by the Critics, because this Amateur Critic enjoyed it quite a bit.
½ June 19, 2011
Just a terrible movie, if I could give it zero stars I would. I'm on a crusade against dumb kids' movie and this movie reinforces that. It's not funny, it completely butchers the original story, it looks like crap (and smells like it too). If this movie was so bad that it's good, but it rdoesn't even manage to reach that. Just an outright disaster of a movie. It's, by far, one of the worst kids' movie I've ever seen, even worse than the recent Gulliver's travels. Epic fail of a movie this is. One last thing, I thought my 900th review on this website would be for a much better movie but those plans are all out the window now, here's to the 1000th being better.
½ June 14, 2011
fun but not as good as I was hoping, still worth watch though
June 6, 2011
I thought about giving this a 100 just to screw with everyone. Starts off nice and slowly falls apart due to ridiculous versions of monsters and the only cliche i'm effected by, "The Brothers Grim really did base this on a true story."
May 31, 2011
Did all these actors lose a bet? I'll admit I have low expectations and really only watched this because I liked the story when I was a kid, but this was bad. The effects are terrible, the dialogue is so dumb I don't think even a little kid could find it amusing, and there's just really nothing about this to like. I mean, the cover art tells you exactly what to expect- but this is just lame.
½ May 22, 2011
An old classic with a few changes made to it. It's full of old pop culture references which dates it. I love Gerald McRaney, and Delta Burke truly steals the show. Howie Mandel uses a slight effeminate voice and makes him a little creepy. This is a kids movie, but in one scene, The Sandman asks the Wood Fairie if she's trying to seduce him. I'm not sure why that needed to be said.
August 24, 2010
Somewhat one of the worst movies in the past decade. It was even a big box office flop-only a hundred thousand dollars made! That's like the budget of the Baby Geniuses movies!
August 15, 2010
A cute movie. Some funny/corny lines. Howie Mandel saying "You are the weakest link! Good-Bye!" was cute but the funnier line was when Delta Burke as the evil step-mother decided to take over the Troll's house and was surfing the tv and screams "Designing Women! I love that show!"

A good Saturday night movie for families with small children.
July 28, 2010
I found it entertaining and funny.
½ July 3, 2010
Probably the worst movie I've ever seen and I mean that.
½ February 21, 2010
I see fairytale people! It was a cute, funny and an original version of the famous Grimm Brothers tale. I wish i could see more of Dakota Fanning act.
January 13, 2010
Maybe I was in a corny mood but I really liked this movie! It is very Shrek meet The Princess Bride (all time Favorite movie!!!). I found myself laughing and a little disppointed that it ended. The puppet characters are cheap....Reminded me of Barney or The New Zoo Revue (to show how far back I go!). My daughter also enjoyed the silliness of it all. She did not get some of the humor bc it was geared towards adults.