Hansel & Gretel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hansel & Gretel Reviews

January 13, 2010
Maybe I was in a corny mood but I really liked this movie! It is very Shrek meet The Princess Bride (all time Favorite movie!!!). I found myself laughing and a little disppointed that it ended. The puppet characters are cheap....Reminded me of Barney or The New Zoo Revue (to show how far back I go!). My daughter also enjoyed the silliness of it all. She did not get some of the humor bc it was geared towards adults.
November 14, 2009
It's a cute movie for kids. I would recommend it for people with children. They did a good job with the costumes/outfits as well as the setting, but I think there should have been a little more magic in this magical storybook world. Alana Austin looks pretty damn hawt as a Wood Faerie, and the body glitter was a nice touch. I actually liked this version of the classic tale of Hansel & Gretel.
September 13, 2009
While the story itself seems interesting enough, the constant popular media references keep this story alienated from its fairy tale setting. Will only have a chance at entertaining extremely young viewers. Dakota Fanning's name on the film encouraged me to turn it on, but she plays a less than minor role.
½ June 10, 2009
Considering Howie Mandel at the time came back outta no where to be in this one, I was surprised at how funny this movie was. It was cute and good enough to keep the adults entertained as well.
December 15, 2008
i loved that movie when i was little
October 31, 2008
i LOVE this movie i could watch it forever
May 24, 2008
i loved that movie and i thought it was tricky
May 18, 2008
Nice children live action movie. But those children in bed.. The movie didn't relate them so much, which is sad.
½ May 13, 2008
This was honestly one of the most cheesiest, unoriginal moviesâ?¦every rule in the book; it breaks. And if that is the intent of a movie, aka spoof, and it is well done, it can be a lot of fun to see. This movie sadly, isnâ??t trying to be a spoof at all, but is seriously taking itself seriously.
I can see how a spoof on Hansel and Gretel might actually work, or even a serious fairy tale version of the movie but this film tries for laughs in all the wrong places and ends up making a big joke out of everything. The only laughable thing is that this movie was actually ever made. Haha, funny indeed!
March 22, 2008
An ok movie at the time...
½ March 16, 2008
Cute, kinda lame. Not very funny pop-culture references. So over "you are the weakest link. goodbye."
November 24, 2007
I got this movie 4 x-mas 1nce and watched every day 4 a yr. But its weird until i looked up dakotas filmograpgy i didnt remeber this movie. *sighs/ memories.
November 15, 2007
this was in ok movie
½ September 22, 2007
It was ok-ok. No affence- I liked the people in the movie then the movie it's self. I watch it like everyday- I don't know why. lol
August 21, 2007
Might be ok for little kids from '02, but for everyone else, this is boring. Howie Mandel is the sandman (the creature that puts kids to sleep at night), but he talks in a really homosexual way. It's creepy. The movie tries to take a modern approach to the classic story. I could care less anyway.
August 20, 2007
It looks great, but it's a flawed bore. Not enough fantasy sequences are created, reducing its magic. It seems like a school play with people in costumed roles.
½ July 20, 2007
oh so bad.. so very very very bad. howie mandel I curse you! go back to Bobby's World!
June 14, 2007
Not really popular.. but please rent it.. you'll love it
June 7, 2007
it was as great movies
½ June 6, 2007
Might actually be the worst thing I've ever seen. Ever. I can't believe this boil on the ass of filmdom screened at Taos.