Anna Karenina - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Anna Karenina Reviews

April 5, 2013
Perhaps the most resourceful of all the Anna Karenina films, it presents the full Russian flavor of the story, great cinematography, strong performances, and is well-paced.
May 12, 2009
by Leo Tolstoy.I've not watched it yet,but im sure its the best 'coz it had been rated by famous personalities and they say that it was a really good movie,if only i could have a copy of it..
January 24, 2009
I think it's the best adaption of Tolstoys book, and one of the best movies I've see.
November 27, 2008
After 20 years of a break i have rewatched this movie, cause it left a lasting iconic imagery with me of how Karenina and Vronsky are supposed to be. But rewatching it now was a disappointment. Such a stiff acting, and such an artificial build up of how the plot develops. Giving it 3 stars, only for the cinematic images it leaves. I prefer the naturalness of Sophie Marceau as Karenina in 1997 movie.
March 4, 2008
Russians surely captured the history... I'll have the make the best versions yet, casting is soo hard!
November 24, 2007
What film can do justice to the novel written by Tolstoy or any other great Russian novelist? Nevertheless, it's worth watching..
October 13, 2007
There is just too much in any Tolstoy novel to truly make a movie. Though a TV mini-series might work better. Anyway, the chief interest if simply an interpretation out of Soviet Russia.
July 19, 2007
All CLASSICS are GOOD
June 1, 2007
I need to see it and it's in the original language and that's better than in English.
November 29, 2006
I'd like to see this movie!