Snow Queen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Snow Queen Reviews

September 19, 2016
I love this movie and I can't believe some of the reviews I read. Come on its obvious, at the start Gerta's mother gets killed: obviously it's because she was alone, the snow queen is evil.... So she kills and doesn't care. Second of all the polar bear is under her spell obviously as well, remember this is a fairy tale. So the snow queen turned a human into a bear, the mirror reversed her magic... And showed his true image. The only thing I got lost on was the kisses. The snow queen says Kai has to kiss her 3 times but only two are shown on the movie? And other reviews are saying this is more for young teens? Oh please Ive been watching this since 2002. And now I'm 21. I understand it more now than I did then... I always liked the snow queen, as a child I preferred the bad guy. They are more fun, and aren't so bland. And Bridget Fonda makes a great snow queen. People that disagree really need to watch again....
January 5, 2015
Nonsensical. Dragged on. Boring. Rubbish. Awkward. Stupid. Only a few redeeming moments. A slightly awkward take on Frozen before Frozen existed.
July 10, 2013
A perfect movie. Hallmark always delivers! Purely magical!
½ June 25, 2013
Nicely rendered miniseries of Hans Anderson's classic. Great sets and costumes. An entertaining movie for the whole family.
September 19, 2012
nice film, great effects.
½ September 4, 2012
i saw this movie at my friends house and i never get to see hre anymore so it reminds me of her. its a really good movie, too. ive only seen it once, and i havent forgotten it yet.
July 10, 2012
Ahhhhh, I love this one. I am very susceptible to the "guilty-pleasure" films, and this is a big one for me. Acting performances aren't too bad (with the exception of Chelsea Hobbs and Meghan Black), and the fairy-tale quality is maintained steadily throughout the course of the film.
April 1, 2012
This movie is just soooo long!!!
January 14, 2012
This is a wonderful movie to watch with your family. Everyone should see this. Not for children seven and under, it might frighten them.
July 18, 2011
Bought but not yet watched
July 12, 2011
I loved the movie on the first sight. I saw it on Hallmark TV.
June 19, 2011
The story makes little sense. My children could not follow it, and kept looking to me as if they wanted me to explain why I thought this was a family film (being in the Children & Family category had much to do with it). The kids lost interest quickly, and frankly so did I. Not much entertainment value here, but some beautiful winter scenery allows me to give it 2 stars.
½ May 25, 2011
Unusual movie but it has a very interesting story.
January 15, 2011
A random movie I picked out from Family Video. It was much better than I thought. Too long of a movie though. It just dragged out which took away from the story. Very slow to start. Cute story overall though. Would probably not watch again sadly because it was so long and slow to start.
ascordeiro108
January 6, 2011
I've seen it years ago and don't mind seeing it again
August 21, 2010
A zero surprise fairy tale, Hallmark TV-movie directed by ex-Hong Kong filmmaker David Wu.
½ April 23, 2010
Looking for easy and semi-crazy fairy tale entertainment. Watch this. It was entertaining, funny, and visually stunning at some point.
March 25, 2010
The Snow Queen is a powerful story of friendship and the triumph of love over wickedness. The story follows a young woman who is forced to battle the wicked snow queen in order to save the soul of the man she loves
½ March 21, 2010
This is one of the most imaginative fairy-tale movies I've seen in a long time. Although the character development was predictable and bland, there was some originality and creativity in the visual presentation of the work.
December 22, 2009
Wow, didn't realize that this was made in 21th century. When I watched this I assumed that it's so crappy because it's an oldie. :D
Story sucked and so did at least some of the actors/actresses. Can't understand how someone could even write a story like this and think it's good enough to be published as a movie.