Monte Walsh - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monte Walsh Reviews

October 15, 2016
I really appreciated the message of this movie
December 3, 2015
Good western's don't get any better.
March 19, 2014
good remake of the 1970 western
July 23, 2013
I really liked this made for TV movie. Well worth the watch if you like Westerns.
March 14, 2013
130314: I can't imagine how I had this film at four stars other than the possibility I was in a western drought at the time. Had to be. This time, I had watched the original shortly before. That was also a mistake. This is a good film but the original is better, much better. Perhaps it's because I'm not a big Tom Selleck fan (other than Quigley Down Under that is). Perhaps it's because this film is so clean, too clean, even for a modern western.
April 11, 2012
A real prankster and not one to suffer fools easily is Monte Walsh, one of the series of cowboy characters that Selleck has added in his career (Quigley Down Under is still his best western). Monte is a lifelong cowboy, herding the cattle and breaking restless horses, playing pranks on big-headed lawyers and standing by his friends. A former ranch hand falls afoul of the law and then robs and kills another ranch hand who went on to become a store keeper. Walsh takes to the road to avenge the ranch hand/storekeeper/friend and there is a shootout in which Walsh emerges the reluctant but effective victor! 10/10

Universal still hasn't produced a Magnum PI movie (and probably never will). If they were smart (and I think they're probably dumb) they would ensure that at least one film would reunite the original cast as each of the characters are too dynamic to be entrusted to "Hollywood come latelys".
½ January 19, 2012
Fun Western about the dying breed of cowboys as we enter the 20th century.
July 23, 2011
A western of a different sort. Selleck plays his usual strong-willed character, refusing to let the world tell him his profession is dead and it is time to move on. A distinct lack of action takes much of the punch out of this movie. For a character study, it is decent; I'm just not much for character studies. I enjoyed seeing Keith and Robert Carradine together here. Can't recommend to everyone, but fans of Selleck and talking heads movies will probably like this one more than I did.

You wrote this on 7/16/09.
½ December 1, 2010
I purchased this film along with two others in a set and finally watched this one. I'm a fan of Selleck so I knew I'd enjoy the film. It is interesting in that his character is a bit of a trouble maker who will "prank" a lawyer for being unkind to kids. One of his best westerns but it doesn't come close to Quigley Down Under though.
½ January 23, 2010
Selleck is amazing as always... a natural born cowboy.
April 12, 2009
This movie is amazing
March 28, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
March 16, 2009
February 11, 2009
Pretty good. It's sad though.
½ August 29, 2008
I want those two hours of my life back.
July 25, 2008
I don't much care for Tom Selleck but he did fine in this movie.
July 8, 2008
not bad. as a madder of fact it's good
July 4, 2008
Esta peli esta bien fregona. a mi me gusta mucho, las vida del cowboy, este actor el tom selleck se parece mucho a mi papa
May 19, 2008
One of the best movies ever
March 28, 2008
Great western about the changing American West in the 1890s. Selleck is fantastic as an old time cowboy and the supporting cast is great as well. If you enjoy a good western then rent this movie.