Firefight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Firefight Reviews

½ September 2, 2015
For a low budget forest fire film this is not a bad effort. The fire looks convincing and there's really only one point in the movie where you wonder how that fire spreads because they were totally getting burned a minute ago and now the same piece of forest seems to be just fine.

The movie is about a firefighter, a dispatcher/air traffic controller, a pilot and a security guard planning a heist together. (As a side note: I have two firefighter friends one of which has a day job in air traffic control and the other in security, I'm so going to recommend them seeing this movie together.) But then the big bad called Wolf shows up, and they end up running around through a burning forest trying to scramble their plan back together.

I'd say the part before this happens is the better half of the movie, it almost feels Oceans Eleven-like. After the point where the gangsters make the plan turn to shit there's some torture and people dying in the fire (but don't worry, this movie got its R rating for "language", somehow) so basically entertaining stuff is happening.

Overall it's a bit of a weird movie, moving up and down between being just a tame action/adventure movie and trying to be badass or something with the hardcore gangsters driving motor-homes interfering. But it's still a decent 3 to 3.5 star popcorn flick that will not end up in many top ten lists but might still keep you sitting down and entertained for its entire run. Burn motherfucker, burn.
½ June 22, 2007
Steve Bacic should have gotten top billing on this one. He was the main star.
March 14, 2007
Jus too bad my Favorite Baldwin broter is a bad guy.