The Sight Reviews

• Dec 01, 2012

Wasn't bad for a tv movie

Wasn't bad for a tv movie

• Apr 23, 2011

Powerless, weird, shady, and ambivalent!!! This time Paul Anderson multitasked and directed, wrote and produced this TV movie and he did fairly nice at the beginning but somewhere along the way he got lost... This movie obviously tried to somehow repeat the successful recipe of another famous movie, but of course remained at the effort! [IMG]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7813/thesight21.jpg[/IMG] In regards to the plot Michael Lewis (Andrew McCarthy) an American architect goes to Britain to restore an old hotel, but he starts to experiences visions-hallucinations and frightening dreams that start to worry him and challenge his sanity. "Hey if there is anyone up there I'm gonna kick your ass... maybe." Sooner or later he meets an old lady under a terrifying situation and after that he's on his way to embrace his legacy and continue her mission. "I can see dead people" yeah sounds familiar? Well its the movie's premise and so Michael must now help some spirits complete their unfinished business and move on to the other side. Sooo original right?! With this assignment, as a bonus, he also gets involved with a police matter and a serial killer case that is associated with his gift. Along with his friend Jake (Kevin Tighe), Detective Pryce (Amanda Redman) and her partner they rush to resolve this case. [IMG]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7274/77287682.png[/IMG] The dialogue is nothing special and its rather dramatic but at least there are a few funny lines that make this half interesting movie almost fun to watch. "The killings are random." "I don't buy that." "I'm not selling!" The acting is at the expected levels and a bit dull despite their efforts to create an agonizing and scary impression. The London scenery with its Baroque alike architecture buildings is beautiful, dark, and mysterious and add tension to the overall atmosphere, along with the creepy music. [IMG]http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/8684/lockeddoor.png[/IMG] As I mentioned it starts promising and interesting until we realize what the story its really about and then unfortunately everything become predicable and boring. The killer on the loose is making their life difficult and in this mess Michael has to also assist the dead to find peace. He uses their memories to find a possible pattern to the serial killer's next move. Anyhow its not like we are not interested to what will happen but its so slow and since I'm even bored to write more about it, so overall its awfully boring, unconvincing and you better avoid it ;) [IMG]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/108/fighta.png[/IMG] - "You know when you know something, and its like you've always knew it, but you didn't know you knew it until you know it. You know what I'm talking about?" - "Nooo..."

• Dec 03, 2009

I never found it convincing, the story is pretty lame and the cast is bland. It sure sounded a lot better than the final product ended up. Rather ordinary.

• Oct 17, 2008

The ending seemed obvious to me. It showed a picture of the twin towers in ruins. But the thing is that the copyright for the movie is 2000, not 2001. Did they not actually finish it until 2001, so that they could hint about 9/11, or was that a weird precient thing?

• Oct 11, 2008

Scary and good acting!

Scary and good acting!

• Jun 29, 2008

A poor thriller and rip-off of 'The Sixth Sense', that was intended to be a pilot to something bigger, but failed.

• Mar 06, 2008

Kept me trying to figure out who the bad guy was up until the very end...seemed like it might have been a pilot for a series the way it was left open at the end... Brit film so it is different from the American style of ghost movies.. very little blood and guts too which was nice

• Jan 09, 2008

• Jan 01, 2008

Well, for a tv movie it wasn't so bad. Although the plot reminded me alot of Ghost Whisperer. And the cast was okay. A movie that won't disspoint you.