Le Divorce Reviews

• Feb 04, 2018

Holmes's character distracts from the otherwise entertaining movie

Holmes's character distracts from the otherwise entertaining movie

• Jan 15, 2018

Le Divorce stars Kate Hudson and Naomi Watts as sisters living in France. This movie is based on the book I never read and don't plan on reading. This flick is a bore showcasing the upper middle class families and their problems. Watts's husband leaves her while being pregnant, while he goes off with another married person. The story depicts the French and American cultures and how different we are from each other. Overall it was an ok movie, nothing to remember.

• Aug 20, 2017

Had the pieces to actually be a good movie, but fell short on laughs. And there were a couple plot points that made me just say "Wait, what? I thought this was supposed to be a comedy."

• Dec 16, 2016

Worst movie I've ever seen. I was dragged to it on a date, and refused to talk to her again afterwards.

• Jan 12, 2015

It Sucked, boring and dull.

It Sucked, boring and dull.

• Apr 21, 2014

"Le divorce" est le terrible!

"Le divorce" est le terrible!

• Jan 02, 2014

James Ivory delivers another brilliant film, filled with many interesting characters, great storyline and beautiful cinematography. It's for adults only but what a little treat. Excellent film.

• Oct 30, 2013

What a waste of time. I expected a lot more from this cast.

What a waste of time. I expected a lot more from this cast.

• Jul 07, 2013

Described as "a charming comedy of manners" (really!?) Kate Hudson plays an aimless American who soaks up the local culture while visiting her unhappy, pregnant half sister (Naomi Watts) in Paris." --I've tried to get through this a couple times now and failed. Its just kind of meanders along and is pretty boring. I will say that Paris is well represented and the most interesting "character " in this. It oozes Parisian culture. DNF 07.13 (2)

• Jun 15, 2013

Well this was a waste of my time. The plot was scattered. Not really sure what Kate Hudson was thinking most of the time. It was a weird mixture of French and English used throughout the film which wouldn't have bothered me if the actors had actually been French.