The Big Empty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Big Empty Reviews

½ May 2, 2016
Odd and mysterious. Very bizarre. I didn't quite know what to make of it, but I liked it. (First and only viewing - 4/28/2013)
½ June 19, 2015
odd and surreal, one of the better post swingers film for its lead. full of oddball characters and strange plot developments.
½ April 28, 2015
A quirky dark comedy that has slightly sinister fun with a bunch of familiar memes from SF and suspense thrillers. Well written; well acted; and well made.
February 9, 2014
A quirky comedy-thriller with decidedly noir feel. It sounds like a bizarre combination but it works. Unfortunately the movie tries to be a bit too clever, and some the story's potential doesn't quite materialize. It could have been much more, but settles for a slight and easily forgettable comedy.
July 24, 2013
Interesting ride to an uninteresting destination.
½ July 8, 2013
Great cast, but an okay movie, not as good as Rotten Tomatoes critics say it is. Definitely not a 71%!
April 26, 2013
there was something in this movie, although it could be done in a better way! was nice to see Fasier actor there!:)
½ March 11, 2013
Odd and interesting film with a good cast. Entertaining.
October 15, 2012
Low budget comedy that works. I didn't know Baker was another Roswell.
½ May 8, 2012
Surreal characters populate an ever twisting world of deepening mystery. The plot rivals Donnie Darko for its style and only partly explained scenes of larger than life characters with their own agendas. A movie to watch and discuss with friends over just what things meant and just how reliable a witness was the camera.
April 1, 2012
I'm just a cowboy, John. Pure and simple.
January 20, 2012
Good cast and interesting story. I can understand why it didn't go mainstream, but everyone should give this flick a watch.
½ April 19, 2011
Found this in the sci-fi section of the video store but wouldn't have given it that category myself... compelling enough to make you keep watching but by the end you wondered whether it was worth it.
April 18, 2011
"Slave, my ass, I shoulda been the king." - Agent Banks.
½ April 6, 2011
Nothing all that interesting happens and it's all left too up in the air at the end.
January 16, 2011
Never watched a movie with a title more fitting ^^ ...

It all is a great, big, colourful nothing. Filled with a good cast and a script, that makes you sense almost coenesque qualities - but in the end turns out to be completely pointless.
You start to wonder what the great finale will be like, the big twist, the wow-ending - and then, the credits start rolling.
But anyway, it did entertain well.

PS: Joey Lauren Adams sure has got a _weird_ voice, and a very strange smile too - is she an alien or anything?
½ September 19, 2010
THE BIG EMPTY (2003)
September 6, 2010
started off pretty strong. ended not with a bang but a whimper.
August 31, 2010
So very strange, but gd.
July 5, 2010