The Outsider - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Outsider Reviews

January 21, 2009
I LOVE this movie it is awesome and such a hidden treasure.
January 15, 2009
I love this movie. I love the plot and the acting is terrific - Tim Daly is just gorgeous. The scenery is magical (being filmed in QLD) and the cinematography is beuatiful. I'm a romantic and so the story appealed to me - I even enjoyed the soundtrack which isn't traditionally my cup of tea!
November 4, 2008
This could easily have bowed to the cliche been there done that but it takes a simple and wonderful approach to the overdone plot line. The bond between the gunslinger and Benjo is the most honest relationship I've seen on tv in a long time. I enjoyed this movie.
October 25, 2008
A pretty strong love story. Sometimes it felt so slow though. Do not be fooled by the cover there are only a few scenes where the guns actually smoke.
½ October 19, 2008
very romantic.. But I've just read, that Brett Tucker is in this movie.. I did not see that! better see it again :P
October 14, 2008
like this movie a lot
September 28, 2008
This movie went beyond your typical western to make one of the best westerns I personally have ever seen. A forbidden romance between two completley different people changes the life of each other, there new family, religous groups, and an entire community.

While greed, lust, and gunslinging still keep this western film true to format the idea of an "Outsider" who has typically been a gunslinging badass becoming romantically involved with a Christian woman from the plain people makes a more then interesting plot.

The movie has everything from soundtrack, scenes, action, romance, plot, and actors. It does not miss a step and easily a five-star movie.
September 14, 2008
Naomi Watts has one-thousand breathy monologues, and the score is really bad and never quite suits the scenes. Ok story, though.
½ July 27, 2008
just watched it its the best
½ May 18, 2008
Now I know from where the creators of "the witness" got inspired!
May 18, 2008
I saw this movie on the Hallmark channel, so it was nicely edited. I loved it! Be sure to watch it when it comes on tv.
March 24, 2008
Could have been a lot better.
January 10, 2008
Great performance by Naomi Watts.
January 1, 2008
I hate how everyone's hands and fingernails were so clean and polished... it's 1800s Montana - no one should look like they just had a manicure. This wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either - it had its cheesy, predictable moments, but there were also some good moments of tension and heart. Kind of reminded me of Witness a little bit... And I love Tim Daly (which is why I watched it in the first place, I will admit). Tim Daly looks like an older version of Christian Bale... they should play relatives at some point in their careers.
December 31, 2007
My favorite "Western"! :) I love the whole story and it was so good!
September 5, 2007
Best western outside of Tom Selleck's ever!! Such a tender love story too...
½ September 3, 2007
This is a classic example of a great movie which blows the ending. It just didn't wrap things up well enough. Other than that, I really enjoyed it.
September 1, 2007
Gotta love Tim Daley as a cow boy. Can you say yummy!!
August 30, 2007
Anther Tim Daly movie in my unopened DVD collection. I've watched this movie so many times, I practically know all of the words. How hot was Tim Daly in this movie?!! GOOD GOSH!