Undefeated - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Undefeated Reviews

April 12, 2011
Not bad, but everything felt so rushed in the movie, not giving the audience time to care for the characters or the situations. Pathetic ending too.
July 22, 2010
i really want to to see this movie it looks so good.
September 27, 2009
What is the code word in Hollywood for the longest streak of terrible movies starred in by Leguizamo?
½ June 1, 2009
I would have gave the movie itself....MAYBE a 3.5 stars...and for some of the great quotes, I'd maybe push it up to 4....but the ending is SO terrible and pissed the HELL outta me, that this movie only gets 2.5 stars.
April 4, 2009
What started out as a bad Rocky ended like a bad Raging Bull. While the last 1/3 was better than the first 2/3, and I appreciated the open ending, this was still a weak film.
½ September 5, 2008
A very shallow, very cliche attempt to stake a claim in the celebrity rise-to-fame genre.
August 28, 2008
John Leguizamo's a boxer who's personal life is getting in his way.
½ March 24, 2008
This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.
February 6, 2008
It had the Latin American vibe with
the love for boxing . I LIKE
½ January 16, 2008
Great film, one of Leguizamo's best performances.
iLeo
January 7, 2008
haven't seen this. no excuses.
September 23, 2007
I have always had a problem viewing John Leguizamo in a dramatical role. He's too goofy to take seriously.
August 14, 2007
The fighting sequences in this movie wasn't acting. The actors were actually boxing each other. That is the only reason I want to see it.
July 14, 2007
Vanessa Ferlito is hot !!!!!
½ June 8, 2007
Undefeated is a typical rags-to-riches tale about the protagonist finding fame and fortune but forgetting his roots in the process. In fact, everything about this film is cliche: the plot, the dialogue, the characters, the acting. There is nothing here that you haven't seen done ten times better elsewhere... EXCEPT for Vanessa Ferlito naked. Oh my goodness. Let that be the only reason you watch this film-- and it's a damn good reason, too.

I'd also like to talk about the ending. Don't worry, I won't spoil it-- because there IS no ending. The film sets up a climactic moral dilemma for Vic Vargas (Leguizamo): should he throw the fight for more money, or legitimately fight his opponent to finally regain the respect of his friends and repair the relationships he has spent the entire film destroying? Just as he steps into the ring... roll credits. I don't know, maybe this would fly if the rest of the screenplay was written with even an ounce of originality and character depth; instead, this open-ended ending plays like a sad attempt at an artsy twist to a formula film.
½ June 5, 2007
I like Leguizamo, it might not be his best work, but i like it
½ June 13, 2005
Undefeated was a suprisingly strong effort by the director/star JOhn Leguizamo.

The Dreamers was a very engaging movie about the human spirit, I enjoyed it the most when it was dealing about cinema, its non-chalont attitude towards the human body was semi inspiring. But its almost a movie that talks a big talk but walks very litle. Take it or leave it, it was a conversation worthy movie, and I beleive that was what the filmmakers were attempting to make.