Undefeated Reviews

• Apr 12, 2011

Not bad, but everything felt so rushed in the movie, not giving the audience time to care for the characters or the situations. Pathetic ending too.

• Jun 01, 2009

I would have gave the movie itself....MAYBE a 3.5 stars...and for some of the great quotes, I'd maybe push it up to 4....but the ending is SO terrible and pissed the HELL outta me, that this movie only gets 2.5 stars.

• Apr 04, 2009

What started out as a bad Rocky ended like a bad Raging Bull. While the last 1/3 was better than the first 2/3, and I appreciated the open ending, this was still a weak film.

• Sep 05, 2008

A very shallow, very cliche attempt to stake a claim in the celebrity rise-to-fame genre.

• Aug 28, 2008

John Leguizamo's a boxer who's personal life is getting in his way.

John Leguizamo's a boxer who's personal life is getting in his way.

• Feb 06, 2008

It had the Latin American vibe with the love for boxing . I LIKE

It had the Latin American vibe with the love for boxing . I LIKE

• Chosen 7 Super Reviewer
    Jan 16, 2008

Great film, one of Leguizamo's best performances.

Great film, one of Leguizamo's best performances.

• Jul 14, 2007

Vanessa Ferlito is hot !!!!!

Vanessa Ferlito is hot !!!!!

• Jun 05, 2007

I like Leguizamo, it might not be his best work, but i like it

I like Leguizamo, it might not be his best work, but i like it

• May 31, 2007

<i>Undefeated</i> is a typical rags-to-riches tale about the protagonist finding fame and fortune but forgetting his roots in the process. In fact, everything about this film is cliche: the plot, the dialogue, the characters, the acting. There is nothing here that you haven't seen done ten times better elsewhere... EXCEPT for Vanessa Ferlito naked. Oh my goodness. Let that be the only reason you watch this film-- and it's a damn good reason, too. I'd also like to talk about the ending. Don't worry, I won't spoil it-- because there IS no ending. The film sets up a climactic moral dilemma for Vic Vargas (Leguizamo): should he throw the fight for more money, or legitimately fight his opponent to finally regain the respect of his friends and repair the relationships he has spent the entire film destroying? Just as he steps into the ring... roll credits. I don't know, maybe this would fly if the rest of the screenplay was written with even an ounce of originality and character depth; instead, this open-ended ending plays like a sad attempt at an artsy twist to a formula film.