The Second Coming - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Second Coming Reviews

½ August 31, 2011
this was a interesting look at what if jesus came back...what anyone believe him?...a very interesting concept, well acted and directed...it's a film that makes you think...I don't think this film will be for everyone...
April 27, 2011
Moments of originality, but mostly the slightly smug, made for TV style you'd expect.
February 26, 2011
This movie started with a bang, and ended with a whimper! It takes a turn to oblivion, and there was so much potential!!!!
August 15, 2010
Brilliant drama. Christopher Eccleston is absolutely beautiful in this production as the unlikely saviour. Very quirky and eccentric, painfully shy and genuine. Eccleston is a marvellous actor in a series that really makes you think. Lesley Sharp is equally believable in her role as Judy. A viewer can really lose themselves in this poignant tale of rebirth, faith and the human condition.
March 1, 2009
New Testament as science fiction - and Eccleston maps out his future portrayl of the Doctor. Great stuff and has the bonus of the wonderful Lesley Sharpe.
October 28, 2008
Well now Ive seen it. Missed it when it was on TV and now I've seen it when Im Christian. As a writer, I'm not outrightly offended. It was very interesting, funny, bold, creative daring, entertaining. Very good performances from Eccleston and others. Sometimes I don't like TV dramas much but it was good that it was only around two hours, more movie length. Written by Mr.Davies who has recently been hugely successful in returning Dr.Who with Eccelston. Impressed overall, and hope that it simply made veiwers think about faith, Christianity and thier own lives in the grand scheme of things. Very good.
½ September 1, 2008
Almost perfect! ... Which means I can't dare to give a perfect score. Great actors, great performance, great story, great writting. And everything else. Perturbating and moving and not as religious as one might expect, gay friendly and all. Christopher Eccleston at his best, once more.
½ September 1, 2008
An interesting "what if" that is well acted. But I wasn't brought into any further emotional content of what the characters were going through. Could have been introduced a bit more to the actual character of the lead, although Eccleston is just so cute & charming in this. Lesley Sharp is also excellent, and it's refreshing to see a leading lady without stereotypical "good looks" sharing the screen. All in all, an interesting watch whether you believe in a "god" or not.
½ March 28, 2008
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=lemonchiffon]I really enjoyed this movie! It was well-paced, well cast and entertaining. But, most importantly, the story gives you something worth thinking about. [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font][color=lemonchiffon] [/color]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=lemonchiffon]You can read a story summary for yourself, I won't bore you. What I don't see in a summary is the real point of the movie: it's about personal responsibility. When David realizes he's the Son of God, here to bring us a new age, he has to get his message across quickly and effectively. But he finds himself hampered by his own cross-breeding, if you will. How can you be one with the creator of the Universe and filter that through a human brain? And human emotion. And human needs. [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font][color=lemonchiffon] [/color]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=lemonchiffon]As he struggles with what he's really doing here and how to best do it, his friends are trying to figure out their place in the coming "new world." They find themselves tempted and tricked into making the new Covenant more difficult to fulfill.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font][color=lemonchiffon] [/color]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=lemonchiffon]In the end, the answer lies in each person's acceptance of their own power and responsibility. Can humanity make the leap to a consciouness that requires everyone to be responsible for their own choices, not because they [i]have[/i] to be, but because they [i]want[/i] to be? Can we play nice without a higher power watching over our shoulder? Can we grow up and move out of the cosmic parents' basement? [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font][color=lemonchiffon] [/color]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=lemonchiffon]This movie doesn't tell us what we should do, just gives us a chance to ask ourselves the question, "Could I do this?" [/color][/font]