Quicksand Reviews

• Jul 10, 2018

To be honest, don't let the credentials fool you: directed by John MacKenzie and starring Michael Keaton and Michael Caine this is nevertheless just an average (and very predictable) late night thriller.

• Mar 25, 2014

(**): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon13.gif[/img] Too far-fetched for me. Fair at best.

• Jul 28, 2012

Plot is fun, if a bit predictable. Michael Caine's phones it in; Michael Keaton gives a very wooden performance -- he can't do drama; he's a light comedy guy...Kathleen Wilhoite as Keaton's secretary is the only actor here who's really working hard -- everyone else seems to be sleepwalking, esp. the dull bad guys.

• Jan 23, 2012

An average thriller that was engaging at times! Nothing special but watchable! Xander Berkley looked hot!!!!

• Film C Super Reviewer
    Jan 23, 2012

Certainly not a terrible movie in my books! I love Michael Caine with his witty english humour, which i very much enjoyed. If your looking for a simple enough plot with an okay storyline but with quick a bit of action then this will keep you amused!

• Sep 14, 2011

Not a very suspenseful thriller. The acting is less than spectacular considering the talents of Caine and Keaton. The story builds too slowly and unbelievably, until the ending which happens in the blink of an eye compared to the rest of the movie. Almost worth your time, but not quite.

• Feb 04, 2011

The best part was seeing Michael Keaton and Michael Cain together. It's not the most exciting and riveting film considering the top-notch actors involved, but you will be able to sit through the entire film. Average job job

• May 26, 2010

An almost decent dark drama with a few attempts at plot twists and a script that was just middle of the road. The performances were steady, though not at the caliber of the main actors (Keaton and Caine). I dont blame the actors, there simply was not enough material for them to shine. It was not a bad movie, it just was not very realistic and lacked much of a punch. They tied in many real life atrocities, but really didnt expand on much of anything. It was as if the bad things were simply there as filler to make you want to hate the villains. The worst was the un-inspiring and un-original psuedo twist of kidnapping the daughter. There were moments that piqued my interest, but they were washed away with implausible sub-plots. I didnt hate it, but I cannot say I recommend it. ACTING = *** STORY = *** PLOT = ** EFFECTS = N/A OVERALL = ** * = YOU DIDNT EVEN TRY - SUCKTASTIC - HATED IT ** = YOU TRIED, BUT DIDNT QUITE MAKE IT - DIDNT LIKE IT *** = AVERAGE - TOLERATED IT **** = GOOD JOB! YOU REALLY TRIED! - I LIKED IT ***** = YOU ARE FREAKIN' AWESOME! - I LOVED IT

• Mar 30, 2010

I love you, Michael Keaton! However this film is not great. Too bad the French lead's English is very unconvincing....and the low budget somehow didn't help the film's aesthetic. The filming and a lot of the actors (besides Keaton, Michael Caine and Kathleen Willholte) were terrible.

• Apr 02, 2009

Suspenseful but a bit far fetched. The very good performance by Judith Godreche is a big plus. Nice location filming. It isn't outstanding but I was never bored. Well photographed.