Quicksand - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Quicksand Reviews

September 19, 2014
The guy played Batman/Bruce Wayne in 1989 and 1992 and the guy who Alfred Pennyworth a year after this movie came out and 2 more times for the sequels
July 28, 2012
Plot is fun, if a bit predictable. Michael Caine's phones it in; Michael Keaton gives a very wooden performance -- he can't do drama; he's a light comedy guy...Kathleen Wilhoite as Keaton's secretary is the only actor here who's really working hard -- everyone else seems to be sleepwalking, esp. the dull bad guys.
January 23, 2012
An average thriller that was engaging at times! Nothing special but watchable! Xander Berkley looked hot!!!!
FiLmCrAzY
January 23, 2012
Certainly not a terrible movie in my books!
I love Michael Caine with his witty english humour, which i very much enjoyed.
If your looking for a simple enough plot with an okay storyline but with quick a bit of action then this will keep you amused!
½ September 14, 2011
Not a very suspenseful thriller. The acting is less than spectacular considering the talents of Caine and Keaton. The story builds too slowly and unbelievably, until the ending which happens in the blink of an eye compared to the rest of the movie. Almost worth your time, but not quite.
February 4, 2011
The best part was seeing Michael Keaton and Michael Cain together. It's not the most exciting and riveting film considering the top-notch actors involved, but you will be able to sit through the entire film. Average job job
August 31, 2010
I love you, Michael Keaton! However this film is not great. Too bad the French lead's English is very unconvincing....and the low budget somehow didn't help the film's aesthetic. The filming and a lot of the actors (besides Keaton, Michael Caine and Kathleen Willholte) were terrible.
May 26, 2010
An almost decent dark drama with a few attempts at plot twists and a script that was just middle of the road. The performances were steady, though not at the caliber of the main actors (Keaton and Caine). I dont blame the actors, there simply was not enough material for them to shine.

It was not a bad movie, it just was not very realistic and lacked much of a punch. They tied in many real life atrocities, but really didnt expand on much of anything. It was as if the bad things were simply there as filler to make you want to hate the villains. The worst was the un-inspiring and un-original psuedo twist of kidnapping the daughter.

There were moments that piqued my interest, but they were washed away with implausible sub-plots.

I didnt hate it, but I cannot say I recommend it.

ACTING = ***

*** = AVERAGE - TOLERATED IT
**** = GOOD JOB! YOU REALLY TRIED! - I LIKED IT
***** = YOU ARE FREAKIN' AWESOME! - I LOVED IT
½ July 15, 2009
Entertaining but a little annoying at times [the protagonist's stupid moves]. If it weren't for Keaton & Caine this movie would probably get less than two stars.
April 2, 2009
Suspenseful but a bit far fetched. The very good performance by Judith Godreche is a big plus. Nice location filming. It isn't outstanding but I was never bored. Well photographed.
½ April 1, 2009
Quite a good plot, a slight twist on your average plot. Great acting from Keaton, but all honours go to Caine, hilarious!
½ January 19, 2009
The half star is for Michael Caines quip at Italian Job - the rest is just shit
½ January 17, 2009
It's already a weak plot for a thriller even before the all round low budget feel kicks in. It can just about sustain interest.
January 17, 2009
The plot was a good idea and Keaton and Michael Caine were interesting charecters. However the film itself was only very average. The third quarter of the film I thought really dragged.
October 5, 2008
What a peculiar project.
½ August 9, 2008
Love Michael Keaton in any movie, but without being biased I actually enjoyed the movie. Great plot.
August 2, 2008
With such a good cast, I expected more. Nope. Standard suspense retread.
½ April 26, 2008
It wasn't all that...could have been way better!
March 27, 2008