Uncovered - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Uncovered Reviews

January 28, 2014
I loved this movie. Fascinating subject gave insights similar to Da Vinci Code.
May 19, 2013
A strong cast do their best with an appalling script and lame direction in this exercise on how to make a B movie.
Young Kate looks good but it's not enough.
January 19, 2013
The initial premise, which comes from a book from Pérez-Reverte, is good, but the movie is terribly built.
½ December 8, 2012
I wonder if sneezing in someone's face has been studied as an effective form of birth control.
½ December 9, 2011
Wasn't Kate's best but certainly not her worst. I liked it.
December 1, 2011
½ February 15, 2011
An interesting premise but a shite movie.
½ February 11, 2010
A surprisingly weak movie. Kate Beckinsale has sure come a long way...
March 29, 2009
Ok types. Not bad not very good.
½ January 11, 2009
ummm....cannot get the logic behind...
becoz i dun play chess - -
½ November 9, 2008
This wants to be a smart, clever, stylish flick. But, although it looks good, it doesn't deliver on its promise. The storytelling is too slack. It lacks sharpness.
September 3, 2008
A classy film. An interesting and well written story. It has thrilling undertones, not enough to make you bite your nails, but enough to make you eager to see what happens next.
Kate Beckinsale adds a lot of sexual tension to the film, too. Hers is a very sexy character, because she feels so real and true - she been endowed by the writer(s) with quirks. Always a good thing to do.
The (very classy) nudity adds an intimate tone to the film as well.
June 27, 2008
I can just watch this movie over and over again.
½ February 5, 2008
nothing to compare with the book of course, but quite pleasant.
½ October 2, 2007
Very well done.. and makes me like Kate Beckinsale a bit more than I did before.. (I didn't NOT like her before, but.. was more ambivalent) I loved the way the plot was layered in.. I've always loved scenes of art restoration as well.. and for once in an already interesting movie.. a real woman for once.. (Not going to elaborate on it.. if you notice, you know what I mean.. if not.. your loss) I love her in this.. she's gorgeous..

Oh.. and dare I point out.. METHOS!.. lol.. sorry, I was a highlander fan.. and my favorites were always Methos and Amanda.. so seeing Peter Wingfield in this was unexpected..
August 30, 2007
if only this movie was made like 10 yrs later... main reason is you get some nudity
June 25, 2007
This is a pretty simple film with a deep idea behind it. It isn't executed like I would hope a film with this idea would be, but it is pretty entertaining.
½ June 18, 2007
When Kate Beckinsale was still a fresh face but you can see her talent already. A big bonus in this movie is that you get to see all those gorgeous Gaudi's work all over Barcelona.
June 7, 2007
Kate Beckinsale boob shot.