Otogiriso (St. John's Wort) Reviews

• Nov 12, 2013

It isn't my favourite genre to begin with, but this Japanese horror film/video game adaptation is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Featuring a completely disjointed plot which fails to generate even a smidgeon of viewer interest until it reaches it's climax, where even then the best scenes appear to have been lifted from Brian De Palma's "Carrie". Then comes some stupid alternate ending twist (again complete with Carrie rip-off) that adds nothing to the story and generally becomes confusing. Basically, I'm giving this 1.5 stars only because I'm feeling particularly generous.

• Feb 04, 2011

The plot holes disappoint me to no end. Anyone who dare to call this a J-Horror movie clearly hasn't seen much of them.

• Oct 08, 2009

dissapointed again.. was supposed to be original.. but... just made me think of a bad video game sequence. sure does have some pretty nice images at times, but unfortunatly nothing great, nothing new... blah.

• Aug 05, 2009

You need to get used to and accept that Asian movies are slow.

You need to get used to and accept that Asian movies are slow.

• Jul 05, 2009

In the RT data base twice. Cheaply made, often confusing and disjointed. There are some spooky moments but the story is so muddled it doesn't really matter much. Unimpressive acting.

• Jul 05, 2009

• May 24, 2009

nice idea, but in the end it was quite boring. it could have been something better.

• Oct 03, 2008

Probably the worst mix of horror and computer games I have ever seen. Bottom of the barrel asian horror. Everything in the film sucked, except the art.

• Sep 03, 2008

Interesting concept, could have been executed a little better I guess.

Interesting concept, could have been executed a little better I guess.

• Anthony V Super Reviewer
    Jul 03, 2008

Some creepy moments, but many plot holes.

Some creepy moments, but many plot holes.