Nine Lives - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nine Lives Reviews

November 15, 2015
What a mess. It might as well have been clue with college kids. Anyway, some crazy curse that started in a mirror, almost similar to Night of the Demons, okay maybe this is basically the same thing is let out and now one after another, one folk is being possessed to kill and when they die, the person who killed them is possessed. At the end of the night, 9 lives are smoked. It was just supposed to be a birthday celebration with old college friends at some house, but all things go wrong for no apparent reason. Paris Hilton bites the dust firdt and is the
½ April 5, 2014
A British horror film set in rural Scotland, Nine Lives actually makes Paris Hilton seem talented compared to all the garbage writing, directing, and acting that has gone into this piece of crap.
½ May 17, 2013
Very slow paced movie. Boring diner party scene. Got about half way through it and didn't want to see the rest.
½ April 25, 2013
guess it was supposed to be horror movie....
November 18, 2012
So... good looking sets... really, what can I say about Nine Lives? Not much... shame on them for using Paris Hilton to advertise this flick. Ya got me! She was the sole reason I picked this case up and decided to give it a shot. Where do I begin? The acting. Now, to be fair, these people had the worst dialogue to start with. Childish bickering and speaking your thoughts are some of the worst bits. There is only so many times you can watch people gingerly walk down a corridor and peek around a corner while explaining their actions and feelings. WE GET IT. GET GOING. They also pull the dumbest moves I've ever seen. How does one accidentally break a cell phone with a bed post? This one will show you and challenge you to not laugh at it. Amelia Warner plays a heroine whom was always either the voice of reason to the other characters or just explaining the boring plot. I wanted to choke her by the hour mark. Paris Hilton played a bad version of herself. How does one screw that up you ask? She will display... the rest of the cast was from 'okay' to rotten and I don't wanna waste my time deciphering all their acting. Andrew Green had a few neat shots and amazing cinematography but that's it. No suspense or plot progression in the least. Find a better script! Add to all this a tacky toy piano score, potential scenarios that went nowhere (a big rip on The Thing but at least it could have been), no gory/fun scenes and a spirit named Murray (nothing against it but does that sound threatening to you?) and you get one movie that should never have been made in the first place. I proceeded to toss this DVD in the trash after my viewing. My day got better after that already... avoid.
July 15, 2012
Very slow on pace and energy.
½ June 17, 2012
Horrible, horrible film.
½ April 9, 2012
B-Movie horror at it's best.
April 5, 2012
Great not very scary but good story line and it has paris in woo
½ March 14, 2012
Wasn't horrible but pretty damn funny that Paris Hilton dies within the first 20 minutes of the film.
½ February 25, 2012
Ok I for 1 love Paris so it sucks that shes always gotta die . it was a half assed decent movie original concept . 2 stars for movie and the rest for the Hot ladies in it. could have used a hint of nudity though like 1 topless scene
February 5, 2012
Dont watch this abnoxcious & boring film.
½ January 21, 2012
OMG, if you ever watch this movie, pleaz just don't. It is completly stupid. COMPLETLY!
½ January 13, 2012
Not really a horror movie but it was decent to watch.
½ December 5, 2011
Even for a very low budget horror film this was hit-and-miss.
June 19, 2011
Good story, but very very boring\slow-paced.
½ June 9, 2011
"Petits massacres entre amis"
May 21, 2011
Such a great idea that was developed into a poorly acted, retarded killing machine. Only watch it if you have nothing better to do.
½ April 14, 2011
Huh... there's really not much to say about this film, because there's really not much to it...

Several pairs of paired-up friends spend some time in a Scottish mansion for another friend's party. Then, an eyeless spirit takes over one of the friends bodies, and--from there--proceeds to jump from body to body until the lives are up. The long survivor celebrates on the patio of the mansion (which is, by this point, full of dead bodies), with another smoke and some more of his philosophy.

The acting in this movie is extremely bad... almost to the point that it's funny, but not quite... It gets points for two or three moderately-developed characters, but that's about it. If Scary Movie 2 hadn't already been a parody of The Haunting, it still would have been something like this movie.