Love Letters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love Letters Reviews

½ March 15, 2012
it was an unique n a good romantic story. between friendship & love lol the man who likes to write letters is so romantic. lol
½ January 9, 2012
Obviously a made for tv movie but it still has some merit. Bittersweet and sentimental with a lovely concept. Not always perfect acting and not always the best writing, but still a heart breaking story to watch unfold.
May 19, 2010
The main problem with this adaptation is that the writer didn't take the liberty to rewrite the material to benefit a film adaptation, as a result it looked, sounded and felt very much like a play. It literally consisted of two people talking to each other in a room. While it was beautifully written, it was a bore to watch. I needed some scenery, some other characters, something other then two people reciting monologues for 90 minutes. Like I said, it was well written, the story is strong and they had chemistry with each other. This was just not a good adaptation and worked way better in the stage version.
November 20, 2009
I liked this movie. I think both Laura and Steven they acted their roles very well. It is hard to like a movie with such a plot but I never found it to be boring. The emotions were flowing in all the scenes. I would recommend watching it
November 19, 2009
Liked this movie and story. About a man and a woman writing letters to either. They started as children and we follow the story to the day one of them died. It`s a diffrent lovestory.
September 20, 2009
A good film, but the constant talking gets rather irritating after awhile, and that does make it drag sometimes. It lacks punch. The performances from the stars is a plus. Too often it seems stagy.
½ April 5, 2009
Laura Linney is great in this! Her character is hilarious and witty. She greatly overshadows the guy character who is dry and boring. I quite enjoyed the idea of the love letters showcasing their relationship of their lifetime.
April 1, 2009
This movie was strange and long. The camera-work was often uncomfortable, Linney was ridiculous, the story was not even good. I would not recommend watching, but I did cry. I can't help it anymore. Somebody dies to who happened to love someone in their lifetime? Ok, I'll cry about it. >sucker<
½ June 19, 2008
loved the story; great acting.
May 24, 2008
LLORO CADA VEZ QUE LA VEO... CREO QUE ME TRAE MUCHOS RECUERDOS...
January 25, 2008
top romantiqe view...which make u change aaaall ur feeling about love to be higher....i like it soooooooo much....& um lucky to see it again....wich that!!!
January 24, 2008
Just a wonderful movie...made me cry!!! So telling and true.
iLeo
½ January 21, 2008
A great movie! This is a beautiful story about two childhood friends that embark through life dealing with love, desires, friendship, and adulthood. This is one of my favorites.
January 11, 2008
Watched this in Hawaii.
December 4, 2007
I was flipping channels ....and i must say i am lucky i stuck on to this one some....6years back.... And yes if you're like me you better stock those tissue papers next to u....!
September 16, 2007
Great story, wonderful actors (especially Laura Linney), mediocre adaptation. Would have been much better to see on stage (as it's based on a stage play).
½ September 5, 2007
this is love. period
July 29, 2007
This movie consists of two people talking through letters and little reinactment.
July 6, 2007
At first when I started watching it I thought it would be ok, and even as it got farther into it, I was surprised at how much I loved this movie. This movie is definitely one I will watch over and over.
June 5, 2007
turned this on to make me fall asleep and ended up watching it all! is a brilliant movie.. and very very cute!