The Nest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Nest Reviews

½ January 31, 2013
A Good cop thriller, which is essentially a team Die Hard only without a washed up Bruce Willis!
January 8, 2013
Having never heard of this 2002 French action thriller, I didn't expect much. However, this is well worth seeing and excels above many higher budget Hollywood's attempts, particularly in terms of the story and the )relatively) grounded action sequences. An Albanian crime lord faces a very public trial following a multinational police effort to capture him.
On route, a massed ambush sees the SWAT style police escort seeking refuge with their
Prisoner in a warehouse on an industrial estate.
Unbeknownst to the police-and the heavily armed Albanian gang surrounding the warehouse-an armed robbery has just taken place and the crew responsible are still inside!
With police and robbers forced to form an untrusting alliance- the faceless Albanian death squad attempt wipe them out and get their boss out.
With modern shades of John Carpenters "Assault on Precinct 13" and a splash of "Die Hard", this is a very entertaining movie with reasonably well drawn characters for this type of film.
½ May 4, 2012
Un putain de film d'action français. Le meilleur? Certainement...
Siri? Il a tout compris.
½ September 4, 2011
The nest is one heck of a french action.Filled with colorful characters and a lot of dead bodies.The action is somewhat over the top .The idea is fairly simple a couple gangs accidentally meet at the same warehouse a chaos consumes."The nest" has a french sense of a sort drama and action put together.overall the movie is exciting a thrill a minute kind of feel to it.
June 30, 2011
It was fun. It's basically a straight-up action movie, with plenty of all that kind of intense gun-fightin' that you tend to expect from a French action movie. Two things jumped out at me as being "original":

1. Sometimes major characters die off-screen. Usually, when this happens in a Hollywood flick, this means that they didn't REALLY die, and will be coming back to save the day later. This movie does not fall into this cliche!

2. The whole "Let's Build Us a Castle!" part near the end. It was fresh, and it was well-executed. I loved it.
April 6, 2011
I thought this was poor, bland and disapointing. Nowhere near as good as say Taxi or Doberman (and especially The Transporter). Try Luc Besson and Vincent Cassel, if you are after worthwhile French action flicks, and give MESRINE a watch.
½ February 20, 2011
As long as you do ok with subtitles, this is an excellent action suspense movie.
½ February 6, 2011
An intense, well constructed action film ----- FROM FRANCE!?!?!?!
January 23, 2011
wow!!! This is what is solely lacking in Typical Hollywood adventure/action thrillers - take some notes Hollywood!!! this is how it's done - real characters, real human reactions, real suspense, real scenarios - none of which take away from the-edge- of-your-seat non stop action!!!I took a chance on this unheralded gem, and boy was I pleasantly surprised. Check it out!!!
½ January 4, 2011
A good action movie that should have been great if there was more character, and plot development. The concept of the plot was great, but I found myself confused alot of the time on who was who, and why certain things were happening. Decently done, for the most part.
½ December 28, 2010
NID DE GUEPES (THE NEST) (2002)
October 8, 2010
Du bon gros film de siège, mené tambour battant et parfaitement ciselé. Et c'est français!!!!!
½ July 20, 2010
Very entertaining action movie out of France which follows the standoff against overwhelming odds movie formula. It is on Netflix Watch Instantly and it has my recommendation.
June 20, 2010
2/10: One of the worst French action movie I have ever seen. Feels like a B-movie flick. Everything about the movie is just poor.
June 11, 2010
This is a great thriller of a movie with some pretty interesting twists. Good for those who want non stop action and plenty of gun fire.
alanjayh
May 6, 2010
An action packed shoot-em up french film. My only real complaint is none of the actors stood out, nor am I familiar with any of them. It also seemed the ending was rushed, with no final showdown between the army of followers of the prisoner and the swat/police force. Perhaps the budget ran out; either way, if you are a fan of gunplay and a decent story even though its a bit overblown, this is a good watch!
½ March 26, 2010
Remember those old action flicks that were kind of bad, kind of good? This is one of those, but of course to some of the standards of this decade. I enjoyed it.
February 12, 2010
This really reminded me of an Assault on Precinct 13 except in a warehouse. Not a bad thing. A pretty good action movie, even though I felt some confusion during the first shoot out scene at the warehouse. Decent action as well as acting for this kind of movie.
½ January 23, 2010
essentially the French take on Assault on Precinct 13, The Nest is an entertaining watch with some cool gunplay.
January 7, 2010
A duel of trapped beasts action genre, made in France.