The Mother Reviews

• May 25, 2020

Covert narcissist story

Covert narcissist story

• Mar 09, 2019

Would have given it 5 stars if they would have said Toots more often...............Toots

• Jun 16, 2018

Anne Reid sparkles in Roger Michell's slow-moving relationship drama.

Anne Reid sparkles in Roger Michell's slow-moving relationship drama.

• May 24, 2015

Anne Reid's performance is so brave and interesting that what could have turned into a perverse sort of soap opera actually becomes a challenging and deeply disturbing study of human complexities.

• May 07, 2015

Great idea for a story/beautifully told. Anne Reid is outstanding and Daniel Craig is great too. Not everyone's cup of tea/certainly not an easy watch but very good.

• Jan 02, 2015

Different. A little gross. Albeit captivatingly.

Different. A little gross. Albeit captivatingly.

• Feb 26, 2014

I don't think I'll ever look at Anne Reid in quite the same way after watching this. Some of the scenes were..ehm..a bit racy, and something we could have done without given her age! It's a very good film, though, but perhaps sometimes seems a bit unbelievable... I think it would have worked better if May just had an unrequited crush on Darren instead.

• Feb 09, 2014

Brilliant acting by Anne Reid..thought provoking and difficult to watch at times but a great film.

• Oct 08, 2012

This movie creeped me out - particularly beCAUSE I am a woman "of a ceretain age" and HAVE been attracted to and had affairs with younger men.....but the movie made me see how uncomfortable the entire situation can become....and did for me......I was cringing when she was made love to by the man her OWN age....it was gross and disgusting since she did not WANT it. All in all, the movie was engrossing when I could understand the English accent and make out all the words.

• Aug 26, 2012