Heartlands - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Heartlands Reviews

June 20, 2013
Amazing movie. I about teared my eyes out. Incredible movie. Michael Sheen is an amazing actor.
½ June 15, 2013
Thoroughly watchable, but by the end I realized that I hadn't become attached to any of the characters, so the ending falls a little flat. That said, I would still recommend it over so many others.
October 31, 2012
An enjoyable 'lonely man' film, with a then relatively unknown Michael Sheen.
½ October 14, 2012
Slow moving but really sweet. Mchael Sheen is great. Beautiful countryside and nce road trip feel. Ending somewhat surprising.
½ January 28, 2012
A sweet and yes, heartfelt film with some fine cinematography and captivating moments. But ultimately, it is unconvincing. The ending (no spoilers here) seems contrived and forced.
½ December 8, 2011
The ending is what won me over. It's exactly how I wanted it to end.
½ August 19, 2011
Touching. Quiet. Lovely. Nice sleeper of a film that I totally enjoyed. I love Michael Sheen. He's good in everything he's in. Seriously.
August 3, 2011
I came for the story and stayed for the unexpected aesthetic delightfulness. The latter half is chock full of lovliness, if you can hold tight for a bit. It's a nice story with lots of magic moments.
½ April 23, 2011
Cute movie. Gets off to a slow start, but be patient and you will be rewarded. Don't take it too literally; just hop on the moped and enjoy the ride.
July 1, 2010
Saya belajar kosakata baru untuk film semacam ini; Character Study. Kepribadian karakternya lebih penting daripada plotnya. Komedi Inggris ini menampilkan kepribadian Colin (Michael Sheen) yang polos, naif dan baik hati yang berusaha memperjuangkan cintanya. Film road movie ini menyuguhkan interaksi Colin dengan orang-orang yang ditemuinya. Sifat Colin yang tulus dan jarang ditemui akan membuat kita bersimpati. Endingnya solid dan heart-warming. Jangan harapkan film ini akan sama dengan film ala Hollywood yang dipenuhi soundtrack dan bertaburan adegan romantis di dalamnya seperti (500) Days of Summer.
June 7, 2010
di kemas dgn gaya british yg kental membuat film ini sangat enak untuk di nikmati..,, cerita yg menarik di barengi dgn soundtrack2 yg sangat menghantar chemistry untuk film ini membuat tidak ada celah bosan untuk menontonnya..,,
½ June 2, 2010
Such a great and simple film. It`s like a UK & speed-up version of the Straight Story.
April 30, 2010
Your typical British, made-for-tv movie, but somehow better than the norm. I liked that fact that he is betrayed by his friends and then experiences random acts of kindness from strangers...had a strange symmetry to it.

Decent character study, but just not enough substance to make it interesting to me.
February 25, 2010
Micheal Sheen is too adorable.
April 15, 2009
Brit film at its best. Beautiful Black Country landscapes and full on vocals from Kate Rusby.
½ March 12, 2009
I loved this film. Welsh actor Michael Sheen (star of Frost/Nixon) is marvellous and I thought it was really moving and heartwarming. This film really touched me.
January 15, 2009
Wish there were much more films like this
January 15, 2009
One of the best character studies and stories of transformation I've ever seen. Simple, funny and beautiful.
½ January 15, 2009
I really enjoyed this movie. I liked the funny little quirks with the movie you can look for or find. I really was almost proud of the main character in the end. Great movie.