Heartlands - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Heartlands Reviews

January 15, 2009
My kind of roadmovie! Beautiful soundtrack, beautifully shot, beautiful views. Quirky.
½ January 15, 2009
An enjoyable little road movie. Very character driven, with the most important role obviously falling on Michael Sheen's shoulders as the lead. He turns a solid performance as the sympathetic Colin, who grows a good bit over the course of the film. It's no masterpiece, certainly, cliche-ridden as it is. But that's forgivable simply because it's enjoyable, well-executed, and warm-hearted without being overly saccharine. The film overcomes its low budget with a solid script, good cast, and absolutely gorgeous visuals and music. It's a decent enough film overall, worth watching for what it is, but the beautiful northern England scenery captured well in the cinematography and soothing original folk soundtrack certainly elevate the experience to a new level. Not very many have seen this one, but it's certainly worth a look.
½ January 15, 2009
Maybe spend an hour and a half in a morgue, having first buried all of your possessions, and cut off your genitalia. It will be better than this film.
January 15, 2009
Sounds great! Definitely wanna see this.
December 24, 2008
Upbeat British film about a man coping with adultery by exploring.
August 11, 2008
definitely in my top 3. fantastic movie.
July 18, 2008
Sweet, whimsical and beautiful to look at, well, that is if ya find Blackpool and bar staff in 1970's haternecky tops beautiful :-) A quirky road movie of sorts.
May 12, 2008
the british country side never looked better.. gentle countryfied folk undoing their complications..
½ May 4, 2008
Very moving and sweet, but too slow in places for an average viewer
May 1, 2008
Loved it. Makes you wanna pack up your life, and dissapear on the rd forever......well, Tanya and Robin would have to come too ;0
½ April 23, 2008
Nice story and nice characters: warm feelings taken on the road into an English rainy atmosphere. Weakness and simplicity turn into determination and win.
March 28, 2008
cried and laughed. take me to blackpool. when im sad. take me to blackpool.
½ March 11, 2008
Great coming of age movie with beautiful cinematography.
½ March 11, 2008
Great coming of age movie with beautiful cinematography.
March 3, 2008
A brilliant little film written by Meadows' collaborator Paul Frazer. If you like Shane Meadows stuff then check this out. Very quirky and feel good. Beautiful soundtrack provided by Kate Rusby.
March 2, 2008
I love this...! Sheffield is on it too!!! And of course Kate Rusby doing the soundtrack. A must for all northerners!!
January 5, 2008
Feelgood road journey film set up North in England. Some of the scenery makes me want to go to the Lake District... NOW! It has a warm touch and a fitting soundtrack by the gorgeous voice of Kate Rusby and her band.
December 24, 2007
fantastic movie but not really my cup of tea (quasi-pun/wordplay intended). it is the story of Colin, a clueless darts enthusiast who must trek across the countryside to win back his wife from a traitorous (sp?) "friend." very sweet and an extemely welcome departure from tired formulaic american cinema, definitely worth a watch - i found my rental at Family Video.
½ December 5, 2007
I loved it! Great characters, amazing scenery, lovely music and such heartwarming people.
December 3, 2007
tati gracias por mostrarme esta peli! es lindisima..simple y linda..