7 Days in September - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

7 Days in September Reviews

September 10, 2013
On Tuesday September 11, 2001 - there was fear and devastation. By Friday there was resolve and passion. By Monday - New York was united as never before. Seven days that changed the world and the city that never sleeps, forever. Using the resources of more than 50 filmmakers, Director Steven Rosenbaum has collected their stories, catalogued their material, and woven a complex and honest story of the emotional roller coaster ride that world took on those 7 days in September.
August 27, 2013
A good documentary! I may be on a roll!
July 2, 2012
I was only 6 years old when the events of the 9/11 attacks took place and growing up, I never fully understood it. It wasn't until this film that I really began to realise the effects of the disaster and how much pain and sadness they caused. One moment that really struck me is during an argument between the helpless civilians, when one man questions why everyone is fighting amongst themselves. The woman quickly speaks out to the man, stating that they have every reason to argue, but instead of breaking out into a fight, the two embrace each other. That scene still sticks by me to this two because it helps me see that, during times of crisis and despair, we can still manage to put or religious or political views behind us and unite as one.
½ March 20, 2012
A fascinating perspective I've not seen elsewhere.
August 25, 2011
Excellent documentary.
I lived downtown and it captures the feeling of being there.
May 14, 2011
One of the best 9/11 documentaries I have seen yet. Any American can connect to this film. It illustrates the accounts of a dozen of New York citizens who happened to have a camera to capture the true spirit of 9/11 and afterwords. Listen to the critics on this one. They know what they are talking about. Out of all the documentaries surrounding the September 11 attacks, this is the only one that truly embodies all the emotion and spirit that went into coming together as one nation. 7 Days in September reminded me of how proud it feels to be American.
August 10, 2010
The attack on NYC documented in this film sent me to war three times in the past nine years. I finally this past week got to visit the Big Apple (first time in my life). After seeing Ground Zero, Lady Liberty, and other sites, I looked up this movie. It was a fitting dot to the exclamation point that was my trip to Gotham. If you're American and you haven't seen it, you need to. Well-rounded, multiple-faceted, balanced approach to the catastrophe and the raw emotions that surrounded it. Vividly portrays the humanity of the city's citizenry and how they came together to weather the crisis.
July 22, 2010
this is also on hulu. very intense (as to be expected). lots of footage i have never seen before. tough to watch.
April 1, 2007
A touching inspirational story about what one of the worlds huge turning points on how we see things and the courage and fight for survival it brang out in people