Born Rich - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Born Rich Reviews

½ August 23, 2010
Ugh. Could rich children, who have earned none of their fortune which has led them to believe they are entitled to it (thanks daddy!), be such truly dreadful people as evidenced by these interviews? The answer is an unequivocal YES. I have to hand it to Mr. Johnson, though, for his unprecedented access to these kids, who are really adults, but still act like the spoiled children they really are. Worth watching? Maybe, if you have the time.
July 11, 2010
Fascinatingly ridiculous.
April 26, 2010
Really insightful. We have recently become more facinated with young hollywood and the likes of Paris Hilton types. I think everyone has wondered what it would be like to be born rich. More money more problems... Children of wealth strugle with living up to expectations and fighting the prejuduce of peers growing up. Surpisingly most don't just enjoy the free money but try to do something meaningful. One man even realizes that hard work makes him happy. It may be easy to hate these people but maybe we shouldn't.
½ April 17, 2010
Pretty weak...seems like the poor little rich boy was too scared of his poor little rich friends who actually had the resources to sue him when they decided they didn't like the film he was making.
January 7, 2010
As a piece of cinema, it's rough around the edges. But director Jamie Johnson (of the Johnson and Johnson fortune) had unparalleled access to wealthy heir(ess) peers and got them to speak truthfully about money on camera. As a documentary about the class system in North America, this is as good as it gets. Fascinating.
½ November 15, 2009
Saw this for American Sociology class, to compliment the topic we're currently covering (poverty). The heir to the Johnson & Johnson fortune decides to make a film about his peers: privileged rich kids and their insightful views on various topics. It's also a pretty fascinating look into an "elite" demographic we will never be a part of, and kind of sad and infuriating witnessing just how disconnected from society these people are. If you have the patience and the temperament to withstand watching incredibly vapid people saying the darndest things, you should probably see it.
½ November 5, 2009
Wait... so you're telling me that the richest kids in the world are insufferable snobs?! I refuse to believe it!
April 13, 2009
hmmm... very illuminating documentary
½ October 15, 2008
A rich kid makes a movie about his spoiled rich friends.
½ September 14, 2008
Good film, yet middling (as documentaries go). Heartfelt, honest, and stylishly told, yet somewhat repetitious and lacking insight.
June 19, 2008
this is as important amovie as i have ever seen. johnson deserves credit for aiming his lense indiscriminately and for being so open and honest about his condition, (which is extreme wealth.) the glimpse into the lives of him and especially his peers is astonishing.
April 20, 2008
the worst documentary I've ever seen
April 13, 2008
Could have been more polished but not bad for a first time movie maker. Subject matter is very interesting wish director could have explored each subjects daily lifestyle.
March 24, 2008
interesting doc. jamie johnson has a horrid speaking voice, and should've hired someone else to narrate. this gives a nice light into the world of the insanely rich. some of the kids are seemingly completely normal, yet most (juliet hartford, cody franchetti, carlo von something, luke weil) are utter douchebags.
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
February 22, 2008
It's pretty disgusting, but at least it's candid.
February 3, 2008
This is a documentary by a rich heir about other rich heirs and how they deal with being rich. Worst narrator voice ever. Horrible vengefull interviews with his own father. But a decent first documentary from the heir to the J&J fortune. Surprising confusion and alienation in college-aged super-rich.
½ January 26, 2008
This was such a neat view into the lives of some very well off people. If you want to see real money wasting take a look.
Enjoyable.
January 26, 2008
Depressing, yet realistic view of the lives of a bunch of rich kids.
½ December 1, 2007
Poor little disgustingly rich children wax poetic on the plight of having everything. Boo. Hoo.