Born Rich Reviews

• Apr 16, 2018

Born rich directed by Jamie Johnson opens up the world of the rich through this documentary. This film was interesting because it shows the life of the rich firsthand that many people don't get access to and in the interviews, they answer with honesty. In the film, the heirs show the struggles they endure being both emotional and social. Many of them go to college and participate in activities for the fear that at any moment their family can cut them off. It is hard for these teenagers to find real friends who won't use them for their money because the population of the real rich is so low. It is interesting to know that some of them didn't know they were rich until being told by friends or family members. I liked many things about this film, but there is a lot that should have been changed. Jamie could have done a better job with the film by adding style and not just being straightforward. I also think that the film would have been better by cutting down the narrating and showing more of how the rich live their day to day lives.

• Apr 08, 2018

This movie was a great documentary and featured many interesting aspects of life among the rich that I never thought I would be able to view. It showed me the true hardships of being born into a family with extraordinary wealthy, and the everyday struggle for these kids to find there place in the world. Overall o thought this was a great movie and one that i would definity recomend.

• Mar 26, 2018

Born Rich is a film about the heirs of the rich 1% directed by Jamie Johnson. It explores the lives of all these people through interviews in this somewhat short documentary. Although the film does a good job exploring these rich heirs, there really isn't any uniqueness or style to it, it's mainly just a straightforward documentary. I would say the movie itself is overall forgettable. Throughout the movie Jamie Johnson narrator, and it doesn't really work even though this is his movie. His voice is extremely monotone and dead, and when he's narrating it sounds like he is directly reading from a script. I think the movie could have benefited from limited narration or no narration at all. Just basically let the movie flow on its own. Like I said earlier the best parts of the film are when he is interviewing the rich heirs. The heirs when they are speaking sound genuine and do convey how the fact that even though they are rich, they still emotionally and socially struggle. How they feel they haven't connected with their own society and feel like they are own their own in their own society (and some of them don't mind that). Some of their heirs are fine with their lavish lifestyle and don't seem to care for others. While some others don't feel comfortable with it. Overall the film is a fine straightforward documentary of the lives of the rich heirs with really no substance to it other than.

• Mar 21, 2018

The documentary "Born Rich" by Jamie Johnson was an intriguing film which educates those who aren't used to money coming out of their ears, of rich teens. During the film, teenagers explained their growing-up experiences of being born into a wealthy family for Johnson to document and show the world the truth of growing up rich. Mostly, all the teenagers had answered differently. Some of the teenagers gave off a vibe that they were stuck up, others had no idea what to do with the money or had not trusted themselves with it. In this educational film, I had learned that just because somebody has money, does not mean they have the most happiness. The stereotypes our society associates wealthy people is not always true. Though I cannot give it all away, I do recommend this film for anyone interested in learning about the teenagers behind their brand names.

• Mar 20, 2018

Johnson provides a unique look into the minds of various children born into wealth and involves an honest investigation beyond the media interviews and thoughts. A common stereotype consisting of the rich having simple and relaxing lives is questioned and debated upon greatly. The exclusiveness and uncommonness of this documentary open the doors of societal thought about being wealthy and successful. Johnson successfully conveys the message that being wealthy has it´s downfalls and holds one back from their desires and passions. A factor of the emotional and intellectual distress the featured people had faced was living in their parent´s shadow and only being thought of as being exactly like them. A common behavior the film included was the children proving their differences and plotting ¨revenge¨ to set themselves apart from their family name and character. These children face extreme isolation and because of their gargantuan wealth has grown cynical and untrusting of others. One of the participants described a sad but true feeling of worry that someone will just marry/want to be with him for his wealth. The documentary explores the idea of how richer people generally become more cynical and trustless, while individuals who aren´t wealthy tend to trust more. Experimentation with various drugs and deep emotional pain is common amongst the children, as feelings of shame, embarrassment, and depression are included. A key concept that is understood and thought about throughout the film is the difference between the people exposed to wealth recently (new money) versus people who have grown up with it and are used to it (old money). The idea of talking about money is discouraged by many of the people interviewed, as they say, it´s unpolite, but in reality, they don´t feel too positive about themselves, and don´t want to. Their lifestyle can be described as being outside of the ¨American Dream¨, which can mean a lot of things. I felt as though they had the money and unlimited buying power but soon realized that money doesn´t buy happiness, as the majority of the wealthy people were depressed and troubled both emotionally and intellectually. A second key concept that is made clear from this film is that money does NOT come from happiness, as one of the wealthy people describes how on television shows, a middle-class family is almost always portrayed as being perky and pleased in life. The film makes envy felt towards the wealthy and lowers it while making room for sympathy. It also explores how controlling and characterizing money is in society, as Luke Weil in the documentary said that his money is like a parent to him: is always there in times of need and can help whenever it's needed. The wealthy people in this film look for sincerity and look for others like them, as they feel all alone and feel as though they have no one to relate to. Personally, the film was a success in my opinion, as the technique of interviewing several wealthy people from completely different backgrounds made the central messages become more unbiased. However, I would have preferred more of the parent and child situations occurring like Jamie and his father, as that provided more interest and drama to the film. I also enjoyed the powerful use of setting, as the various footage included places highly correlated with the topic at hand like the Trump Tower and The Hamptons. To conclude, the documentary was decently produced for a first-time director and definitely achieved its main intent of getting its main point across while composing off of a unique and daring real-life idea (as a documentary).

• Mar 20, 2018

I enjoyed the film and thought that it was very interesting. Born Rich was a documentary about many different kids that all have one thing in common, they are millionaires and haven't done anything to earn it. Jamie Johnson shows the lives of kids that have parents that are extremely wealthy. He shows how these different kids have different ways of using the money and how it has affected them. I found it interesting that the kids that came from old wealth from previous generations were more cautious with their money and didn't flaunt it. These kids didn't always buy whatever they wanted and they went to school and got a college degree. The kids from new wealth from just their parents showed off their wealth more. They were spoiled and had whatever they wanted and didn't always do good in school. For example Luke Weil went to college but said that he only went to class maybe 8 times. I also feel like Jamie Johnson did a good job making this film because its well known that thai people with money dont like to talk about it. It also showed how people with money aren't always happy. Some of the kids talked about how they went through depression. It shows that money doesn't always create happiness.

• Mar 20, 2018

I thought this movie was pretty good, for Johnson's first. It showed how it's not always a good time to be rich. It showed that kids of the parents would get picked on. It also showed that when its not first generation rich that the people are much less stuck up about their money and they don't flaunt it, but it also shows that first generation rich are the opposite they at times flaunt their money and they continue to buy a lot of things just because they can.

• Mar 20, 2018

Born Rich is a film which was created in 2003. The purpose of this video is supposed to tell the life of a young and rich person in order to let an average person know what it was like to live and be "born rich". During this film, several young wealthy people are interviewed and asked about their life growing up and what it is like to be brought up in a wealthy family. I am rating this film a 4 out of 5 stars as this film was interesting to an extent. It was nice to be informed on how many of these people were raised and how they would live their everyday lives. Many of the people interviewed acted very differently. Often those who lived in a family who have been very wealthy for generations tended to act more mature about the way they act and don't really feel the need to talk about their wealth. However, for the families who are newly wealthy, the people tended to act immature and didn't really know how to use their wealth in a good and healthy way. For example, if one saw a Gucci bag in which cost several hundred dollars possibly even a few thousand and they liked the way it looked, they would buy it even if they didn't even need it. For those who have has wealth for generations tended to seem more balanced. They don't brag about their wealth. For those who are new to wealth, they tend to brag and think that they are higher up than everyone because of how wealthy they are. Many of these people don't and will never have to work a day in their life as they have been born wealthy and have enough money that they can support themselves off of the interaction of solvent with molecules or ions in a solute.money of their parents. I found this movie to be very interesting as we get to learn what it is like to be "born rich". Many of these peopel didn't even find out that they were wealthy until other people outside of their family informed them. For example, one person found out in the 4th grade when a kid was reading an article during class about the top 400 richest people and saw the same last name as the wealthy classmate. I recommend watching this video if you are someone who is interested in learning about the life of a youmg rich person and what it is like to live their everyday lives. Born rich is very informative and is definetly an interesting film.

• Mar 20, 2018

I thought this documentary was very interesting to watch. This was a very good movie because it gives people watching an inside look at the private lives of multiple rich young people and how they live their life, what they think of their fortune. Jamie Johnson ( the main character) portrayed the people in the documentary as spoiled rich kids who think they're entitled to everything. This movie changed my views of very rich people because I thought they were happy all the time could do whatever they want and be living their best life. In reality, this isn't true at all because these people aren't always happy with their lives. there are things they go through that make them miserable. They are constantly fearing that their parents will take their money away if they do the littlest thing wrong. watching this documentary made me feel bad for these people because there never gonna experience a normal life, they never have to work for anything because everything is just handed to them because they have money. Overall this was a very good movie because I enjoyed hearing how all of the people in this film lived their lives.

• Mar 20, 2018

This movie is about sons and daughters who have inherited millions and billions of dollars from their parents, grandparents or past family members. Jaime Johnson, the heir of the Johnson & Johnson fortune and also the director of this film, goes out to look for other people his age going through the same money problems. Ivanka Trump, Luke Weil, and Georgina Bloomberg are some heirs he finds and interviews about their past, present, and future lives. Some common themes he finds through the people he interviews is many aren't treated like they don't have a fortune are told not to work if they don't need to and that one of their biggest fears is to get cut out of their families fortune. Besides the occasional humor, the movie itself is quite boring. I did learn that money cannot buy happiness and that most people with this sort of net worth aren't necessarily happy with the money they own.