Salem's Lot Reviews

• Jun 29, 2020

Lowe's performance didn't convince me, making the film ok at best.

Lowe's performance didn't convince me, making the film ok at best.

• May 07, 2020

I'm sure it'll be deemed blasphemy, but I kind of like this better than the original adaptation. I just like the actors and their interactions with one another better. The drama is just more compelling here, even if the fright factor is pretty scarce. Sure it doesn't have a cool Nosferatu monster, but I was still entertained more this time around.

• Nov 01, 2019

I could hardly find anything enjoyable in this miniseries. It's corny, it's kitschy, it's got badly written, clichéd dialogue and and the acting and directing feel half-hearted. Nothing worth to be watched (let alone re-watched).

• May 29, 2017

Engaging story, kind of a rushed ending.

Engaging story, kind of a rushed ending.

• Jun 25, 2016

Even at three hours, it still plays like a cliff-notes version of the book, and a hollow one at that. Plus, Rob Lowe could not appear more bored to be playing his role. Plus it's missing a good chunk of the creepiness and horror of the Tobe Hooper version.

• Jan 17, 2016

This movie is all around bad with the exception of one likable character, I could barely get through it. They had a great book for source material and a pretty good previous film adaptation to go off of and they still blew it.

• Jan 07, 2016

This updated Salem's lot followed the book making the movie an upgrade from the original

• Aug 07, 2015

Allow me to preface this review by saying that I'm a fan of both the novel and the 1979 David soul version. However... this version takes the story into a march darker more atmospheric place. The story of a man returning home to face his demons and a small town that is seemingly idyllic but holds it's own secrets. Many people I know disliked this version but I found it fascinating, thoroughly enjoyable movie. The acting is superb, the camera work and direction excellent. In all ways a film that earns it's place a one of the best among the vampire genre.

• Jan 08, 2015

Incredible story! Love it! Good dreadful movie for a night watch

Incredible story! Love it! Good dreadful movie for a night watch

• Oct 29, 2014

This adaptation is fairly true to the source material and is entertaining enough for a watch.