Lightning in a Bottle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lightning in a Bottle Reviews

May 25, 2012
You mustn't miss the awesome performance of Solomon Burke!!
½ March 6, 2012
If you love the Blues, you MUST see this movie!
May 31, 2010
What an honour to see this film with Antoine Fuqua and a collection of the legends that were finally honoured. A wonderful night of blues.
February 5, 2010
could have done without macy gray
June 4, 2009
I'd like the members of the house band to be identified. They were great, and best of all they seemed to be having a LOT of Fun!
My wish would be for more Ruth Brown, less Natalie Cole.
And really don't give a ---- for Aerosmith, wouldn't even know who they are, but wish they weren't here.
March 24, 2009
Oh mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...the blues can't get better than this! I love all the background info behind it...necessary to understand the blues...
December 16, 2008
This is the first time a movie left me exhausted. Despite hearing criticisms of "too much background info" & "whites can't do the blues", Lightning in a Bottle IS a blues concert for the ages, minus the sweat & marajuana smoke. 10 outta 10 bruddah.
October 18, 2008
I would prefer to have just seen the concert without all the stories and behind the scenes, but it is still a great dvd that highlights the history of blues. Nothing can keep you from tapping your feet when Solomon Burke sings "Love Light".
½ July 17, 2008
I agree with most general criticism on this one - the MTV style editing detracts a lot from the film. However, the Shemekia Copeland / Robert Cray and Buddy Guy / Jimi Hendrix numbers were worth the rental price for me. I think the blues deserve a better historical revue than this.
May 31, 2008
Possibly one of the best blues concerts ever
½ March 31, 2008
Has been a fave!it's good stuff!
March 18, 2008
Ah, Ruth Brown in one of her last performances before her death. The whole show is good (all things considered), including the behind-the-scenes footage, but white people can't sing the blues - it's true. Aerosmith comes close, but John Fogerty is just a joke. Also, Macy Gray clearly got lucky in her career, but B.B. King - like there was any doubt - still stuns and wraps the whole thing up nicely.
February 17, 2008
You like Blues? You've got to see this movie!
½ February 12, 2008
It's one of the best blues movies I've ever seen.
December 10, 2007
If you like the blues this film will blow you away. Awesome camera angles and shots and the sound is unbelievable. Not your ordinary concert film, it features interviews with legends showing the passion that is the blues. Buddy Guy's story about meeting Jimi Hendrix is just to funny. Highly recommended to any music lovers.
October 27, 2007
For a Blues fan an absolute must see. Brialliant.
½ September 25, 2007
Superb concert flick, a must if you like the blues
July 24, 2007
I love blues and i love this movie
July 17, 2007
The largest congregation of greatness ive ever seen. bb king and bonnie raitt together on stage equals heaven in my book.