Chain of Fools - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chain of Fools Reviews

July 4, 2014
If you're looking for a gritty crime drama, you'll be disappointed here. However, this is a decent low-budget comic-caper. Had some laughs and odd characters. If you like off-beat comedies - this is worth checking out.
January 10, 2014
"Chain of Fools" is one of those gems that you stumble upon and wonder why it didn't get more widespread attention when it came out. The cast is full of talent, Steve Zahn, David Cross, Salma Hayek, Jeff Goldblum, Elijah Wood, David Hyde Pierce(Briefly), and Craig Ferguson(Very briefly) are a cast to die for.

The story is humorous and original. There is a quirkiness and charm that is evident in many Zahn films and is definitely felt in this picture. The chain of events that follow the incidental stabbing of a thief in a mild mannered barber's shop make for amusing entertainment. If you like the cast and have a quirky sense of humor, this is definitely worth a watch.
½ October 19, 2013
Another film where David Cross is rather prominently featured and I somehow missed it? C'mon, I even saw Curious George for fuck's sake! This is a hilarious story of a jewelry heist gone wrong and the ensuing investigation.
December 8, 2012
I thought this movie was hilarious and the cast all were really good. This fact doesn't surprise me because I was always a fan of Arrested Development, of which the sense of humor here strongly reminds me. Loved it, even though the little twist at the end was predictable.
½ December 5, 2012
"Now it's being used"

Another silly comedy/crime movie with a touch of deadpan humour, I feel I'm rating this a bit high but I always enjoy watching silly fun movies
½ August 6, 2012
Great cast... performances are very very funny over all.
May 29, 2012
Fairly ordinary crime-comedy. Decent cast: Salma Hayek (the reason I watched it!), Lara Flynn Boyle, Tom Wilkinson, David Cross. Also stars far less talented though no less famous individuals: Jeff Goldblum, Steve Zahn, Elijah Wood.
½ May 4, 2012
Chain of Fools isn't your typical laugh out loud movie, but it is a unique film with an interesting story and a chain of awesome guest appearances. Picture Ocean's Eleven, but instead of criminal masterminds, imagine the crew was just a bunch of idiots who fell into the perfect crime, and you'll understand what this film is about. Steve Zahn plays the lead and was terrific as the barber whose always in the wrong place at the wrong time. He wasn't my favorite of this unique cast of characters however, that award goes to Elijah Wood, who was hilarious as the emotionally scarred teenage hit man. Seeing this little guy, who Scotty could have beaten up, as the big bad hit man was just hilarious. Wood even attempts to grow a mustache for the role and fails miserably. On the surface this is a strange film and as you watch it, it gets stranger, but at the same time, it gets better and better. This is the kind of film you won't see very often, but watching it definitely has its advantages.
½ October 9, 2011
CHAIN OF FOOLS (2000)
August 9, 2011
We stumbled upon this gem in Big Lots for $3, and we were pleasantly surprised. Great cast. Wacky humor. Definitely recommend!
May 12, 2011
Made back in '00, it's likely you haven't heard of this quirky crime comedy before. I found it quite funny and worth viewing alone for the eclectic cast, including an always game Jeff Goldblum.
½ November 17, 2010
Silly ensemble comedy is funny and plays like a goofy version of a tarantino movie.
February 8, 2010
one of the darkest comedies i have ever seen and love the cast they fit well together
September 19, 2009
I guess nothing was technically wrong with this film and it had a heck of a cast, but it just seemed to be missing something. Plus, it was totally unbelievable the way Salma Hayek fell in love with Steve Zahn. I mean, come on!
½ August 3, 2009
Ok je film. Dosta je uvrnuta radnja i to mi se svida :D.
Radnja : 7/10
Glumci : 7/10
½ July 4, 2009
For a film staring so many talented people, "Chain of Fools" is a remarkably bad piece of work. Steve Zahn takes the lead as a barber that stumbles onto a set of rare Chinese coins, bringing with them the opportunity to make a truckload of money. Also appearing in the flick are Jeff Goldbloom, Salma Hayek, Elijah Wood, David Cross, Tom Wilkinson, Michael Rapaport, David Hyde Pierce, and Orlando Jones. Despite a decent cast by most standards, the movie misses the mark at just about every turn. Though there are a few good gags here and there, two or three mildly funny moments don't come anywhere near making this hour and a forty minute long film any more enjoyable. The script is sloppy, and mostly unfunny, the performances are ho-him dull to just plain bad, and everything in-between, and the thing looks like it was directed by a twelve year old. There are two directors listed on this one, and I'm not sure which to blame - most likely both. When even Steve Zahn sporting a mullet, and Salma Hayek in her underwear can't save your movie, you know that you've royally messed things up. "Chain of Fools" is a disappointment at every turn.
May 6, 2009
Cute! not a masterpiece but cute.