Semana Santa (Angel of Death) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Semana Santa (Angel of Death) Reviews

½ April 9, 2013
Okay thriller, undone by confusing directing (editing?), as if 20 minutes have gone missing somewhere. Supporting cast (Atkine, Valli, Tosar) better than the leads.
March 26, 2013
First half is decent, then it gets far too convoluted.
June 19, 2010
Based on a David Hewson novel this lumbering bore of a "horror movie" deservedly went straight to DVD. Mira Sorvino, with a fluctuating Spanish accent and Olivier Martinez investigate a series of serial killings during Holy Week celebrations leading up to Easter. Extremely cheap looking photography doesn't help matters either. This is a shame, but don't let this put you off reading Hewson's work. Leave this one on the shelf to gather dust and head to your local library or bookstore for the paperback instead.
½ June 4, 2009
Loved the scenery, but the acting left alot to be desired. Where did they dig up Olivier Martinez? Did he get cast because he was dating Kylie Minogue at the time? Dude can't act his way out of a paper bag.
February 2, 2009
Great actors in a bad film
September 13, 2008
This movie was so, so. I just didn't get into it as much. It could of been better. I mean I was lost half the time.
August 30, 2008
I might've rated it higher if Mira's Spanish accent hadn't kept shifting. She starts the movie off saying she's moved around a lot which might excuse some of the variance if it were consistent.
½ July 22, 2008
this movie was good, hard to understand at times. but i liked the really intricate plot and i enjoyed watching it.
½ June 16, 2008
I rarely say that I'm relieved to watch a movie in daylight because of the creepy atmosphere, but this movie has it in spades. The full texture of this film is excellent. The violence doesn't occur every five minutes, but it's brutally realized so that it sticks in your mind. The visuals are also interesting. As whodunnits go, this is not very polite. It's more of the Bone Collector variety: gritty and visceral.
½ May 31, 2008
I wasn't really paying attention to half of this.
½ April 11, 2006
The plot is pretty stupid, not well directed. If not for Mira Sorvino's appealing performance it would be a total waste. The film tries to tackle too much at once and doesn't succeed. It wanders aimlessly at times.