Beauty Shop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beauty Shop Reviews

December 28, 2015
A serviceable comedy.
August 10, 2015
Queen Latifah tries but this is no female Barber Shop.
May 28, 2015
It is hotter than a jalapeno's coochie out there.

Gina is a hairstylist that works at the largest stylist's shop in the city. Unfortunately, the owner treats her poorly making her feel unappreciated. Eventually, she quits and opens her own beauty shop. Her shop is in a rough neighborhood and is barely operational at times, but she develops a fan base and eventually business takes off. Can she keep her shop operational long enough to make some money and get out from the tremendous debt opening her business has caused?

"Does my sexiness offend you?"

Bille Woodruff, director of Bring it On: Fight to the Finish, Honey 2, Rags, A Very Larry Christmas, Addicted, and Drumline: A New Beat, delivers Beauty Shop. The storyline for this picture is fairly straightforward and as you'd expect. I did enjoy watching it unfold. There are some funny lines here and there and the acting isn't bad. The cast includes Queen Latifah, Alicia Silverstone, Andie MacDowell, Mena Suvari, LisaRaye McCoy, and Kimora Lee Simmons.

"I'd do him in a heartbeat if I wasn't so damn fertile."

I came across Beauty Shop while scrolling through movies on Netflix and decided to give it a shot (surprisingly, I had never seen this). I can say I did not have very high expectations for this film and found it better than I anticipated. Overall, this is far from a classic but also far from a waste of time. I recommend seeing this once.

"She loves me."

Grade: C+
½ February 16, 2015
Barber Shop ripoff for the female audiences.
½ January 2, 2015
Light hearted, very enjoyable film. Queen Latifah at her finest.
December 6, 2014
Wonderfully predictable!! Love a bit of Queen Latifah!! No cursing so cool for teens too!!!
October 25, 2014
Why I liked this film I don't really know. Kevin Bacon was a riot but other than that I have no clue why I enjoyed a film like Beauty Shop.
½ October 10, 2014
Good entertaining movie, with a good protagonist that make this film better, but with a weak script and with a little of lack of imagination.
½ September 23, 2014
August 18, 2014
Funny, feel-good, FUN movie, just as enjoyable as both Barbershop movies. The ONLY reason it gets 4 from me is due to Alicia Silverstone's HORRIBLE acting, "reedickaless" accent and pathetic, squeaky "ghettooo" and "I riiiise" lines. Otherwise, this one's a winner!!
April 29, 2014
Tipica pelicula de Queen Latifah, predecible
December 26, 2013
really funny movie
It was a good movie
½ November 16, 2013
Despite a strong performance by Queen Latifah, Beauty Shop is in need of some style pointers.
August 21, 2013
quand meme moins pire de ce a quoi ca a l'air.
August 10, 2013
Good movie for the ones who would like to spend Sunday evening in front of a tv. Predictable? Yes. Full with cliches? Of course! But still quite enjoyable movie
½ August 2, 2013
Entretenida y divertida, un buen reparto que hace unos interesantes personajes puede que no muy alejados del cliché pero aun así graciosos
April 15, 2013
it was incredibkle to watch becaus it gives off a lot of info.
March 3, 2013
Nothing all that exciting but funnnyyy.
December 26, 2012
THIS MOVIE REALLY FUNNEY
December 7, 2012
Was actually enjoyable,loved it. Watched again and again its still cool! I think i got the whole brother thing down down down yo ma brothas! Cards but good cards all good. Queen Latifah is oosing charisma, good chemistry with Djimon Hounsou. The cast is all awesome! Watched it a few months ago, still amazing.