Cube Zero - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cube Zero Reviews

October 24, 2013
This film destroys all of the fascination and mystery that comes with the first "Cube" film.
October 9, 2013
Enjoyable. Liked the 1st CUBE too.
August 10, 2013
The start was good, really good. I was sucked into the World and it builded up to some good moments. The Hero with the Glasses who is a Genius. But sadly after he reach the cube he didnt show any talent anymore and so does the movie. The scene when he told them he is there to help and the Women keeps yelling on him makes me almost scream at the movie ... Motivations where not clear and i missed the struggle from the first movie where people in the cube become more danger for eachother then the cube himself....
½ July 30, 2013
Horrible performances all over the place. It doesn't add much to the first movie's concept either.
½ June 14, 2013
Pretty cool, and it does a good job of setting up the rest of the story, including the first film. I wish they made more of these movies-as messed up as they are, there's really nothing quite like them, and they're all really entertaining.
½ May 24, 2013
Whilst a group of strangers try to escape the cube maze, their attempts are viewed by technicians on the outside.

Here we have the second sequel to the highly successful low budget horror / SF movie. Some of the basic plot is similar to the other entries, but there are a lot of elements that suggest this is a prequel to the original, but there are a lot of elements that show that technology is in fact superior, and it could be set after, and the viewer is not really shown whether this is a deliberate touch, or if the story is just badly handled. It is nice to see a return to the old fashioned style of traps and the industrial look of the cube works quite well. The small cast of characters are incredibly annoying and are just way too over the top for the movie's own good. The gore is limited, but what you do get to see, is as well handled as the other two entries in the franchise, and the traps are designed with quite a sadistic glee. But the real let-down in this movie is the plot, as in the original not knowing who was in control added a real sense of fear and paranoia, but the addition of the characters 'on the outside' just breaks any tension that may have been generated, especially taking into consideration how almost pantomime some of them are. Also, the ending of the movie would been quite good if you hadn't seen the original, and the reviewer can understand what was trying to be put across, but the almost carbon copying was actually quite annoying. All in all, this is a pretty average movie that feels like it is a SyFy original movie, and it would have been ok to watch as a standalone film, but compared to the other entries in the Cube franchise, it is a very poor cousin.
½ March 23, 2013
It answers too many questions removing much of the mystery leaving us with an occasionally inventive but underwhelming b-movie. Its attempt to stake its place as a prequel is also rather disappointing.
½ February 22, 2013
This movie I found had a slow but intense build up. It also had well written character development. But this was the first Cube movie I saw so maybe that's why I liked it so much.
February 19, 2013
Heaps heaps heaps better than Cube 2 but not as good as 1. It's supposed to be a prequel so along with the usual group inside the cube there's a few characters operating it.
½ February 12, 2013
True Science Fiction horror fan? Prove it what do you know about Cube and other non blockbuster cult classics.
January 18, 2013
Although not as good as the original, it's extremely better than Hypercube. It gets back to the original premise, while going beyond out to the guys "monitoring" the cube and their actions.
December 19, 2012
again, not nearly as good as the first. although much better than the second. this one seemed to stay a littler more true to the first film, which was appreciated (unlike Hypercube).
December 19, 2012
"Cube Zero" is just a lesser version of the first film but with an added side plot about onlookers monitoring the maze as people try to navigate through it. The film starts off strong, with a very bloody and disturbing trap (making you think this installment will focus on the traps, something that played a minor role in the previous two) but the movie doesn't go into the horrific death route so if you wanted to see the trap portion of the film, you'll be disappointed. If you liked the high concept science fiction that was in the first two (and more predominant in the second) it's not present here. If you were looking for a convoluted love plot, a cartoonish villain (complete with yes-men sidekicks and a bionic eye), a half-hearted anti-religion, anti-government message that feels more like an afterthought than an actual statement and a whole lot of plot holes and improbable technology, then this is the movie for you! "Cube Zero" has no idea what it wants to say and towards the very end introduces a new idea in the franchise that is offensively bad. If you're interested in the "Cube" franchise skip this one altogether or if you absolutely have to see all three save this one for last so you can more easily point out the flaws to your friends and make fun of the ridiculous elements. (Dvd, December 15, 2012)
December 7, 2012
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
½ December 2, 2012
Even worse then Cube 2. Reminds me of "Saw" franchise, but this time an effort to expand the original fails totally. It's not a B-movie, it's a "Z-movie" in comparative to the original. Sad, very-very sad. We get the incredibly amazing teaser in "CUBE" the first and we never get the proper explanation or just as good an impressive sequel.
November 3, 2012
i enjoyed it. In my orinion is better than the sequel!
October 7, 2012
A much better sequel than Cube 2. This gets the idea that Cube 2 was going toward, but with better plot angle.
July 13, 2012
Through out the movie it seemed dull but it was still the cube movie I fell in love with in the first place and having seen all the other cube movies I can say best movie ending ever.
July 8, 2012
Third greatest movie of all time after Cube 2 and Cube
June 30, 2012
The last but first cube movie this one takes place before the first one and is the best of the trilogy.