Hide and Seek - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hide and Seek Reviews

November 3, 2017
I think this film ya received some unnecessary backlash, but I agree the ending was a bit predictable. It builds up well and the first two thirds are pretty solid. Not a revolutionary thriller by any means, but worth checking out
October 18, 2017
Es una cinta realmente decepcionante
October 2, 2017
One of my all time favourite movies. Watched it as a kid the first time. Great acting, love the story. Even though the ending is predictable for some, I still think this is a very underrated movie.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
August 13, 2016
"Hide and Seek" is a taut thriller that benefits a lot from the very fine performances of Robert De Niro and Dakota Fanning. An overall decent, yet flawed, middle-of-the-road horror flick.
August 7, 2016
It's no classic by any means necessary but perfect performances by De Niro and Fanning make for an entertaining thriller.
July 11, 2016
July 10th -11th 2016
jamrcla
½ July 6, 2016
Quite weird at the beginning but as soon as the twist happens it became same as the rest of the average horrors that has a great idea but never knows where to go with it, The casting was good though and has a few jump scares but it's nothing memorable.
June 9, 2016
Unexpected plot twist made up for the slow-moving, generic plot in the beginning.
½ December 26, 2015
its not Robert De Niros best but it was a good movie and I have to say i never saw the ending coming i loved the twists in it I through it was great.
November 9, 2015
Typical of the genre yet entertaining enough for an afternoon rental.
½ October 10, 2015
How did they convince Robert DeNiro to get involved in such complete and utter crap? Not cat-safe and sucks far too much to get away with that. (And yeah. Ridiculously predictable "twist")
August 26, 2015
I can understand while some people disliked the movie, but at the same time I cannot. In my opinion, if this had not been a horror movie, it would have been ten times better. There is a beautiful plot to it, and unlike most horror movies, the plot doesn't have ghosts and haunted houses, but deals with a mental illness that is found in people today. If there hadn't been a bunch of creepy much and jumps scares, the movie would have actually been a very intriguing mystery that left you thinking. This movie is all about the human mind, therefore I don't think that they should have focused so much on the "WHO IS THIS RANDOM POSSIBLE GHOST CHARLIE" question, but more like "Why is Charlie present in these people's lives and where do the clues point us to?" - I just think if they had made it into a physiological mystery it would have been so much more realistic and believable.
August 19, 2015
A solid suspense movie with good performances by Robert De Niro and Dakota Fanning.
½ August 17, 2015
Hide and Seek is a great name for a horror film. Too bad De Niro doesn't do horror very well here. And as creepy as Dakota Fanning comes across here... she's not creepy enough to save this film.
Hide and Seek fails at doing the one thing it needed to do... be scary.
This is the kind of horror film that seems to be made for 12 year olds. And who wants that unless it has Scooby Doo or Goosebumps in the title?
August 10, 2015
Good performances in a bad movie.
½ July 4, 2015
zero stars, this is a fucking terrible movie.
June 22, 2015
The ending. It all comes down to the ending. It can work in a movie or it can completely ruin it. With Hide and Seek, it does the latter.

It's a shame, too, because the movie has a very creepy, unnerving atmosphere to it along with a clever premise. It all works until the big "twist" ending. It's dumb, lazy, incomprehensible and predictable to a fault.
May 30, 2015
Ok but found it predictable.
½ April 1, 2015
DeNiro and Fanning's performances will hold you unlike the trite story which could have used to embrace more of its childlike creepiness but instead only sets itself apart by use of a cliche twist of untenable sense.