Vanishing Point - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vanishing Point Reviews

May 12, 2015
Mindless fun ride but still fun.
April 20, 2015
rated golden! barely qualifies as a remake because it is so different from the original, but is a decent movie with a spiritual ending.
½ November 12, 2014
With the brilliant if flawed 1971 original easily available, there's no need to waste your time on this clunker. The plot of this remake eliminates the existentialism that so drove the original, by giving a reason/purpose for Kowalski's driving. Terrible, terrible movie. As much as I like Viggio Nortensen & David Keith, both are totally wasted in this, portraying stock characters.

Survey says: Skip it! In fact run far, far away from it!!
September 19, 2014
Young Viggo shows promise in this occasionally entertaining remake.
½ July 11, 2014
Rather farfetched plot, one long Dukes of Hazard episode car chase, and an ending I didn't like.
June 21, 2014
This TV remake of the cult 1971 picture makes the mistake of trying to add more plot (tedious), more motivation (implausible), and more characterization (stupid) - the original said so much more with a lot less.
March 1, 2014
ok remake of the 1971 classic of the same name
½ August 3, 2013
Good storyline with a sad ending but I just didn't understand how an eight hour trip could take over a three day ordeal. The chases were far fetched and half the time you couldn't tell who was who. It was rough to watch, don't waste your time with this movie.
½ February 25, 2013
A completely inept remake of a classic chase film. The movie beats its audience over the head with religious themes. The plot is bereft of any grit, and is pretty implausible, the script is ham-fisted, and the characters are flat and seem to be written in either because they were in the original, or for plot convenience. Theres nothing to say about the sound track, its just there because movies have soundtracks. This remake completely fails to capture any of the charm that made the original a cult classic.
June 24, 2012
Cool movie the star of this flick is def. the 70 alpine white challenger
½ April 26, 2012
April 8, 2012
This is one of my Favorites.
January 11, 2012
A remake of the original. Pretty darn good, I must say.
July 23, 2010
I guess i could check it out
½ June 14, 2010
Vanishing Point is an okay film. Viggo Mortensen's performance was the only good thing. The script was acceptable. I thought the action was lame and the ending is mind-boggling and manipulative. I would not recommend this film.
June 4, 2010
I saw this movie some time ago but i remember flicking onto it, saw Viggo was going to be in it, and couldn't take my eyes away.. Was a really good movie, can't explain it.. I don't eve like cars
½ April 12, 2010
Great Movie<3 best actress peta wilson<3
½ February 17, 2010
prolly going to take alot of sh!t for saying this but I liked this one better than the original and don't pay attention to the made for tv remark because it wasn't there's a chick riding around nude on a motorcycle don't see that on tv :)
½ January 24, 2010
Your classic 'B' favorite part is when the Indian helps him hide his car and he asks the Indian how can I help you and the guy replys,"take me to the rez". I was stoned when I watched it and I laughed my ass off!!
December 30, 2009
Great car, great performance from Mortensen.