Back in the Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

better than i was expecting
February 22, 2010
better than i was expecting
½ January 9, 2010
ja rule is soo fine in this movie
October 16, 2009
a pretty decent flick... a very interesting plot and wild turns, incredible situations and some pretty good acting by ja rule at the end. unfortunately, rhames was unimpressive in this film. his performance came off very forced... he was just laying it on too thick (a problem which persists throughout the first half of the film, thanks to all cast members really, but it smooths out and gets better and more believable towards the end). I suppose it's worth a watch if youre a ja rule fan, but Ving let me down on this one. ps- ja rule's albums going platinum don't really have anything to do with his acting... nor with him being a talented musician (argumentum ad populum).
September 4, 2009
Fantastic Film^^!!
Ving Rhames was so excellent actor...Goes to hes fathers house,Hes dad is drunk,Shoots hes father a few times,Then starts draging him out of the house down and up star still alive then start setting him on fire.....A Must watch film....
August 30, 2008
Not a bad movie about living the ghetto life. Drugs, crimes, ext.
½ August 29, 2008
i lk this flik its a good ass movie...i love my boo ja rule...I.N.C
½ August 22, 2008
It was eh..I only bought it cause Ving Rhames was in it. I really cant stand Ja Rule's acting at all...it's pretty horrible..sorry Ving your ok but Ja killed it...I give it a 1/2 star.
½ July 30, 2008
fucc u d i love how u ppl forget that most of jas cds went platinum or even 3x platinum eat a dicc but anyway this was a really good movie ja rule and ving where on top game for this
June 30, 2008
DIS MOVIE WRIT HER MAN WAS TIT
June 30, 2008
Decent crime drama, Ving Rhames made this movie. ...and Tatyana Ali and Tia Carrere are sexy as hell.
June 21, 2008
this go so hard!!!!!
½ May 11, 2008
DrLappos
½ April 1, 2008
Excellent film, very good story but not too moralistic. Good viewing.
½ March 24, 2008
103 minutes of complete nonsense. I cannot over emphasise how bad this film is. Pointless
January 6, 2008
Trying to give to thugs psychological reasoning - and in a bad way - boring.
December 3, 2007
WAAAYY BACK IN THE DAY1
November 15, 2007
nice movie watch it..
October 19, 2007
This was an underated low budget film, besides that Ving Rhames is my dogg.
½ October 6, 2007
too much! too much crap in the movie..Ja Rule shouldn't act..and if he does, pick a better script!